Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed one of these, on the PD130, without taking the world off the front of the car?? It looks from above as though it is possible to feed it through above the power steering pump, anyone done it that way??

·
Registered
190 Posts
You can do it without putting the lock carrier into the service position, but you will need to remove the aircom compressor belt first. You will need to remove the undershield.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can do it without putting the lock carrier into the service position, but you will need to remove the aircom compressor belt first. You will need to remove the undershield.
Yup!! Realised that, thanks, any other pointers?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Job done, the hardest bit was releasing the aircon belt tensioner, you need a T40 bit with a small handle, you certainly can't get a 1/2" drive in there.
I bought both belts with the intention of replacing the air con belt as well, the belts are pattern parts (QH), and I just could not get the air con belt on, so have put the old one back on until I can get a genuine one.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well i seem to have been blessed with the most reliable passat in the world (1 TCA, in 143,000 miles), so i only ever really need 'optional', or maintenance parts, ive found the prices very good so far, and i dont want to degrade it by fitting parts with the same quality as Rover, Ford, Citroen and Peugeot. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts