Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the shop there. I'm having a S/C installed with a S/S catback. I'm curious if they are dependable and whats their track record in regards to workmanship. If i can get some feedback I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
28,344 Posts
I have heard good things about them but have not used them personally as I do all of my own work. They are not cheap, neither are most good shops.

Another good shop is:
M.S. Performance (MSP), 801 AVE K Ste 15&16, Plano, TX 75074
Carson 214-675-1017
M-F 10am -6pm, Sat. & Sun. and after-hours by apt.
[email protected]

Would love to see the car when it is done. When will you be in town?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you got that right, they are not cheap......I was there on Friday but I was in and out because the rain was so bad. I've since returned to Killeen and I've fallen in love all over again. Gotta love it...She is really a beast now, and the thing is, you will never see or HEAR her comming....I might be up next weekend and that depends on the weather. But i'll be sure to let you know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm up there often, good friends with Jerry there, and JD (he doesn't work there anymore) and they do top notch work, but yes aren't cheap.

They do tons of BMW work and have done plenty of high performance upgrades. I wouldn't worry about it not being done right, they do a good job. Sure it's not cheap but it's done right. (although how hard is that bolt on stuff to screw up??)

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
I called them to get some prices once and they are almost as expensive as the dealer. I asked about an oil change and he said they use Royal Purple, which I hear is good, but I would think they would stick with a 502 oil. But, a good shop, although less expensive than a dealer, is never cheap. Then again you get complimentary peace of mind.

I've had some work done at Lord of the Rings and they always do a good job. Still, I hear Autoscope is good with alignments on lowered cars so I will call them this week to get a price on an alignment for my car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have had my car worked on at AUTOSCOPE a couple times... and yes they are a bit pricey --- but I have no complaints about anything they've worked on for me. They didnt try to baffle me with 'tech-talk' BS... and I always found them to be pleasant, helpful and willing to explain (in small words) the technical stuff. They also did my GIAC chip and I am very pleased with how that turned out!!. Jerry is cool but I believe JD was their top tech for VWs there... but you can always speak to Dave at their other location because he is also very knowledgeable and helpful.

Honestly, aside from Paul ("PZ") :bowdown: they are one of a very few folks that I really trust to do anything to my car these days... ever since my rip-off... sorry, I meant "experience" with another local VW indy (who shall remain nameless)...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I called them to get some prices once and they are almost as expensive as the dealer. I asked about an oil change and he said they use Royal Purple, which I hear is good, but I would think they would stick with a 502 oil. But, a good shop, although less expensive than a dealer, is never cheap. Then again you get complimentary peace of mind.

I've had some work done at Lord of the Rings and they always do a good job. Still, I hear Autoscope is good with alignments on lowered cars so I will call them this week to get a price on an alignment for my car.

dood i told you GO TO GARY;s ALIGNMENT.

they have done my s/c passat TWICE now..and my car is LOW..and you know that.

50.00 bucks....

and they do ALL warranty work on suspension and ALIGNMENT of LAMBORGHINI of DALLAS.

go there dude...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
i have had some stuff done (well one stuff done...giac chip on the a4..plus soldering the GIAC on the passat for the charger)..i love jerry and jd...

but they are PRICEY..and they think b/c they work on bmw and such they can charge an arm and a leg.

royal purple is good oil..but the best..(and proven by tests on viscosity and such and the only TRUE synthetic motoroil)...is AMSOIL.

go with that!:)

Lord of the Rings is GREAT..they did the charger install on my passat..everything was done right and double checked.

Bob runs the show there..he will always direct you the right way....

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
haha... man.....I just like shopping around thats all. I like to compare.

Bob told me I needed longer lugs for my Fliks, said theyre 15mm too short, but they're only 4mm shorter than the OEM ones. That was confusing....

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
haha... man.....I just like shopping around thats all. I like to compare.

Bob told me I needed longer lugs for my Fliks, said theyre 15mm too short, but they're only 4mm shorter than the OEM ones. That was confusing....
well you have to ensure the correct thread engagements..

i would see to getting some RAD wheel bolts..i have literally 35 wheel bolts in my garage..(being the wheel whore that i am)..

i can trade out on some...just bring your car over man..

shop around..you wont find an alignment for 50.00 anywhere but Gary's..trust me
:p

anyway...buzz me and tell me when you are showing up to pick up some lugs!

hopefully i have the length you need.

Autoscope will do a GOOD job on the alignment but it is going to cost you about 120ish...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts