Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an offer today to subscribe to Automobile for $10/12 issues. Does anyone subscribe, and what do you think of it?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said it is one of the best. Now, I have received my last issue, and will not be renewing it. Is it worth 10 bucks? Maybe.

I'm not saying it's not a good mag, just it seems to have become more snooty, pompous, and not what I care to read about. Jean Jennings grates on me, too, in print and especially on TV.

Road and Track has become favorite of the big 4. But my real favorite general car mag is Sports Car International. Check it out.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Road and Track has become favorite of the big 4. But my real favorite general car mag is Sports Car International. Check it out.
Yes, Sports Car Int. Good stuff. Awesome. I also like European Car

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips guys -- I sub to european car already, let me search for SCI...

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Car and Driver.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
What kinda articles you look for? VW specific? European car specific?

Oh, and Grassroots Motorsports is the be all and end all for tech articles. Well, second to Race Car Engineering (yours, for a bargain price of $12 an issue :shock: ).

·
Registered
167 Posts
I used to subscribe to Automobile Magazine but I never renewed it. For some reason, I would just kind of skip through it. I did like the styling critique articles as they were always interesting. I also get Auto Week so most of the stuff in Automobile Magazine was just repeated.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
RayD said:
<snip>I did like the styling critique articles as they were always interesting.
I enjoyed those too, but I found Cumberford a little pompous a lot of the time.

Wasn't his claim to fame designing Chevys in the mid-60's? Not exactly the high point of car design...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.