Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to B5 and have found this site very helpful. I have the 1.8T with manual trans and am going to add gauges. Has anyone installed the Autometer Colbalt series and do they match the blue factory dash light?

Besides a bost gauge what other guage would you suggest? I plan to chip my car.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
i have the cobalt boost/vac and A/F gauge. the color match isnt perfect but its close, the only reason i got the A/f was my friend gave it to me for $30, boost is the main gauge to get.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IDriveB5 said:
i have the cobalt boost/vac and A/F gauge. the color match isnt perfect but its close, the only reason i got the A/f was my friend gave it to me for $30, boost is the main gauge to get.
Thanks for your reply. Where did you mount your gauges?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Here ya go , It wasnt cheap

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
mine looks just like that, except i have the AF also in a dual pod, look over in the general forum, i posted a pic of my car, u can see the pillar mount :thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to both of you for the response, they look good. I like the trim around the gauge. I am thinking about the the dual pod that mounts on the steering column. I know the colbalt gauges are not cheap but i think overall they match the stock look the best.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Go to 42 Draft Designs:
http://www.42draftdesigns.com/perfectmatch.htm

They sell LED bulb replacements for your gauges that match the factory colors EXACTLY.

I got one for my (not yet installed) boost gauge.

Phatdub - where did you tap in to get illumination for your gauge? Is it dimmable?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Its not Dimmable. I tapped into a wire behind the light switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
IDriveB5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing