Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a "long" trip a few days ago and I was driving about 100 km/h. Once I had to break and a realized that the transmission doesn't work properly. I mean it has stucked in 3rd gear and when I fully stoped the car the engine has stoped also. (Because the trans has stucked in the 3rd gear.) I take the 1st gear directly and I had to go home like a manual trans. car. (I shift the gear directly 1, 2, 3) Next day the whole problem was disappeared, but I met this problem 3 times more later. What could be the problem? Electronic or mechanical problem. I think it's electronic or sensor malfunction... I think I should check the VAG-COM. Help me some idea PLS!!! :cry: thx :bow:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry I forgot the most important thing: My car is a '98 Passat Variant 110HP automatic (not tip) and I had ATF oil change four months ago.

And one more thing: Can anybody send me some wiring diagram about this car? :???:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has 120000 km, but I've sold the problem already. My TCM (Transmission Control Module) was wrong. It has a burn on the PCB. That's why the lock-up system wasn't work properly in the transmission. I had to have a new one, and everything O.K. THX!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.