Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can enable this feature using a tool such as VAG-COM?

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Too bad the serach engine is crippled right now, otherwise this would be a beaten to death topic that could have been easily searched for. But nonetheless, unless you have a GLX or W8 trim package, the lowering option for the mirror is not available. If your car is indeed a GLX, then leaving the adjustment knob to the R is what will trigger the mirror to move. To set it, once in reverse, and with the knob in R, adjust the mirror to the setting you want it when in reverse. Then, make sure your memory seats are enabled, and hold down 1,2,or 3 for a few seconds until you hear the beep. Then, it will always move to that same position each time you get in reverse.

HTH

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, on a side note, I think it's very funny how we have different models in the uk and the states. Here the model scale goes something like

S, SE, SPORT, V5, W8

So, i'm just like "what the hell is a GLX!"

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
dan said:
Thanks guys, on a side note, I think it's very funny how we have different models in the uk and the states. Here the model scale goes something like

S, SE, SPORT, V5, W8

So, i'm just like "what the hell is a GLX!"
GLX over here has basically the same trim level as the W8 sans the AWD unless you optioned it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does the car have to have memory seats for this to work? My 2000 1.8T Tip has electric mirrors, but does not seem to do anything when I engage reverse... The mirror adjuster has positions for the auto fold-in too, but that seems to have no effect also...

Have I got a dud system or is the switch universal?

(Only got the car two weeks ago so looking to get stuff sorted under warranty while it's valid!)

Thanks

David.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts