Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
awesome shop! went in for an airbag light. Todd fixed it. $45 vs. $135 as quoted by Osborn to look at it and turn off the light. he reset it and checked the source of the error. light came on again, called them up and took it back in. he looked at it again and decided to order the replacement part. car goes back to them on friday to get the part replaced. would recomend them to anyone and everyone!:thumbup:

Autobahn Premier Service
1015 West Evans Avenue
Unit D
Denver, CO 80223
303 935 9065
www.autobahnpremierservice.com

the shop is the north side of evans, just west of santa fe. kind of hard to see from the street. it's a grey building with a blue stripe accross the top. traveling west on Evans, it's the building after the blue "diamond" building.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
forgot to mention that autobahn also does performance mods and is an authorized GIAC dealer.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
I think one of our member is the owner of this shop http://www.passatworld.com/forums/member.php?u=30581Kraut-sled

He lists it as his homepage and says this

Yes, I own a shop in Denver, CO. I will be testing the file soon in my personal car.

I am not sure about the file for Tip cars. I would think it would work, in conjunction with the GIAC Tip-Chip. I know for the A4 Tip, and RS6 Tip cars it is highly recommended that the Tip-Chip be used.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Yep, that’s Randy. Him and his partner (Todd) are very knowledgeable and good guys :thumbup: I had Autobahn do my TB recently and they noticed I needed a snub mount. They couldn't get a hold of me so they replaced it anyway (which I would have wanted them to do) and then they gave me the part. I don't know of many stores in general who do stuff like that, let alone a mechanic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I am a noob to the site and it has already saved me. Thanks to a "Faint Puff" thread, I was able to find a leak in my valve cover gasket. I have only 800 mile left on the power train waranty and it was covered.

A related story to this is that I took my car to McDonalds to do the work. They fixed the gasket and a cam chain tensioner leak under the waranty, but when they called me to inform me of what they found, they suggested a fuel injector service and engine flush. I know I told the guy that I didn't want it but they went ahead and did it anyways. When I picked up the car they try to hit me a with a $367 bill. Me and the manager went at it for 15 minutes when we finally compromised and I ended up paying them for the parts ($177) but not the labor.

I will definitely keep this shop in mind when I need to get some work done (ie. Timing Belt replacement)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my car goes in tomorrow afternoon and one of the best parts, is all the eurotuner, etc. magazines to to read while you wait; no one wanted to pick me up and drop me back off later, but it's only an hour so no complaints here!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Bump for a great shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts