Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
I can think of a ton of mass marketed stuff on auto store shelves, Wal-Mart, etc that is worthless or even harmful junk.

As I understand it, Auto-RX came out out of the technical experience of the developers who worked in large printing systems. Systems that cost huge $ if they break down and stop printing, and systems that are moving parts operating with pressurized oil lubrication... like an engine but much more expensive and much greater $ consequences if they halt priting. They needed a way to clean the metal parts while operating without stopping to do the maintenance and without damaging the seals. So no solvent, and it needed to be non-toxic because of the environment in which it worked. The product is widely used in that industry and it also happens to work great for engines and transmissions and so was relabeled Auto-Rx. Garage operation? I doubt it very much. Tightly controlled? I hope so. When some big company buys the rights to it they're as likely as not to compromise the product.

The fact is that Auto-Rx has little merchandizing "pizzaz." It requires up to 3000 miles to work and doesn't fit the "right now, instant gratification" model of American consumerism. It requires (shocking, I know) patience!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Eric. My buddy may be in the same situation as you were when your turbo went "south". He's got a 98 1.8t AEB manual

I keep telling him to check this board out but I think he gets overwelmed :shock: with too much information and gets scared :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.