Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who've read the main boards, sorry for this, but there are a few that maybe don't

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92705&sid=f26c890ac90cd8543e559993f9f6cbc7

The above topic shows you how to enable/disable the automatic door locking on a B5/B5.5.

My wife's Ibiza has this feature and it's great when she's out with the kids. We do the motorway miles in my car, and as those with kids know, they're always touching everything etc, so having the doors lock is a great feature.

Now all I need is access to VAG-COM!

Cheers

Sam :thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah! A great feature... unless you cannot make changes with vagcom :crazy:
I'm still trying to found out why can i see those parameters but why i can't make changes.
At the begin it was because i have a vagcom shareware version... but now i have a 303-1 cracked... i have already the option save, it appears to make changes ( i can chose save a new value, then it shows a message like "Do you want to save changes..."... but after my "Yes" the value is, somehow, restored to the initial value!!! :???: :mad:

If any body did try it and did goog results, please let me know what is your version and what is your procedure list to do it fine.

Thanks in advance!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
606 Posts
it is a useful feature, but then again it only takes 1 second to press the internal lock button that locks all the doors. I would have done this if there wan't that button to use.

Sam, where are you located in the UK, i might be able to find someone to activate it for you, for minimal cost (if at all) ?

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's always someone who puts a downer on it, press the lock button, hehe, it's more fun and maybe "cooler" when it does it itself...isn't it?! :lol: :lol:

Marc I'm near scummy, er sunny Canterbury, south east Kent.

Cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dias said:
At the begin it was because i have a vagcom shareware version... but now i have a 303-1 cracked...
If you'd paid for it rather than illegally cracking it you could ask RossTech for support.

Not sure I'd trust any cracked software to program my car... Way too risky!

Just my 0.02p

·
Registered
310 Posts
mycarsavw said:
There's always someone who puts a downer on it, press the lock button, hehe, it's more fun and maybe "cooler" when it does it itself...isn't it?! :lol: :lol:

Marc I'm near scummy, er sunny Canterbury, south east Kent.

Cheers

Just to give another downer, you could always dissable the interior door handles in the rear. Just turn the little black buttons on the end of the doors! :D Is that realy how you locals describe where you live? Scummy.

·
Registered
657 Posts
That autolock feature is bloody annouying, my missus has it on her seat leon, she likes to use it to stop me getting out of the car before she's ready, it is a good feature for people who live in bad area's though, i had the chance to have it activated on my car when i had it chipped but decided against it, i can press the lock button if required.

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that realy how you locals describe where you live? Scummy.
:oops:

If it was Canterbury itself, no, and if it was free of..well those locals know, I wont go into politics on here, but it's safe to say, South East Kent isn't what it used to be.

Apologies to any Canterburyites who may have taken offence.

And thanks, I did think about twisting the black things, but that just locks any passenger in regardless.

Anyways, I think I'm going to press the button on my door, sod it :lol: :lol:

Cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
PSM20VT said:
That autolock feature is bloody annouying, my missus has it on her seat leon, she likes to use it to stop me getting out of the car before she's ready, it is a good feature for people who live in bad area's though, i had the chance to have it activated on my car when i had it chipped but decided against it, i can press the lock button if required.
Why can you not get out when its on. On the passat you pull the interior door handle twice and that over rides it. It may be the same on the SEAT.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got VAG-COM now! Not much good for my 1997 model though, cause ive found out they use a different central convenience controller, and I can't change anything! :crazy:

Anyway, if anyone want's to buy me a drink in the staffordshire area, I can be of assistance! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this done on my old B5 at the dealers, cost me £15 - 30 minutes labour or whatever.
I find it gives me piece of mind as my wife always leaves her handbag on the passenger seat when she's driving.

Worth the money I'd say...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.