Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Auto Leveling Bi-Xenon Install (ALWR)

Hi guys,

I installed OEM bi-xenons many months ago. Working great, love 'em. But, I have not yet isntalled the Kufatec auto-leveling sensor/harness kit (aka ALWR). See this kufatec link.

After much searching about, I found three good resources for the install:

This great site, here and here.

...this other great site, here...

..and this old thread, here.

However, I can't seems to figure out where to mount the control module (4Z7 907 357) in a B5.5 Sedan. The first link neglects to show where to mount the control module, and the second site only shows the mount point for a variant, near the driver's rear wheel well, as such:

And, the thread I linked above makes no mention of this at all.

So, my question:
Does anyone where where exactly to mount the control module in a B5.5 sedan?
I've pulled out the trunk carpet/liner at the driver's rear wheel well around the cd changer mounting rack, and didn't see two holes with appropriate spacing anywhere...

:confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm just bumping this for the answer, in case anyone else is installing one in a Sedan - it mounts inside the boot (trunk) lid under the top surface in the middle.

:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Acutally, I did eventually find that mounting point in the picture above. On my B5.5 it *is not* on the trunk lid. It's actually on the left *side* of the trunk, just slightly behind the CD changer rack. In fact, I had to remove the rack and cut a wee bit of plastic away on it to get the necessary clearance for the control module...

I'm just bumping this for the answer, in case anyone else is installing one in a Sedan - it mounts inside the boot (trunk) lid under the top surface in the middle.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts