Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright this might be a noob question haha but i have not yet gotten to look at the stereo set-up or battery set up yet and i was wondering A. is the battery in the trunk , B. does the 6 disc cd changer have a remote wire from the stereo on it , i get my 00 passat tomorrow and i have a alpine v-power 600watt rms amp and 12" type r sub from my previous car that i will be installing in the passat just wondering if it will be an easy job all in the trunk or will i have to run remote from the head unit?

·
Registered
831 Posts
A.) battery is in front of windshield under hood... B.)yes the remote wire should be on your changer harness.... C.) if you have a monsoon setup, you can tap into the monsoon amp and ignore the head unit, if not then i think you need to run it from the head unit...

I am not an expert in any of these areas, others may prove me wrong... just my initial thoughts...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i believe its the premium audio package not sure of brand i can get back to u tomorrow after inspecting the car and any idea of holes in the firewall where i can slip a 8 gauge power wire through?

·
Registered
831 Posts
some cars have a hole already for it.. just search the forums for it, mobile electronics would be a good place to look, i can't remember the specifics threads off top of my head. My 02 GLX had a hole already on the drivers side, its triangular shaped, i can't specifically rember where... Those that don't, some have gone through the CCM i believe thats on the drivers side, but make sure you have looked into that really good before you try it... If you have the premium stereo, you will have a black amp and rack on your trunk if its a sedan...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes its a sedan and ill make sure to search around a little tomorrow try and see what i have and what i dont thanks for the help ill let u know how my search goes

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went to school for electronics so im more comfortable with electronics then mechanics :) i can swap out a stereo install a sub new speakers and what not alot quicker then i can figure out whats goin on with my engine and why haha

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,293 Posts
Where did you go to school at? Was it for electronics in general, or mobile?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i went to a tech high school its basically equivilant to an assosiates in electronics , eletrical or mechanical engineering , i studed ac and dc circuits electronics boards plc operations robotics computer repair just general eletrical circuits

1 - 11 of 11 Posts