Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
renato said:
I've been eyeing the new A4 Avant rear wiper... gorgeous... wanna fit it on my Passat Wagon.
This could become a popular mod.

8)

::R
If it is this kind it is Aero wiper, like RL331 already said

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
renato said:
I've been eyeing the new A4 Avant rear wiper... gorgeous... wanna fit it on my Passat Wagon.

8)

Nenad forgot to add that you have to replace the whole motor, since the wiper sits on the opposite side of the pivot when resting and is offset.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
pass-variant said:
renato said:

8)

Nenad forgot to add that you have to replace the whole motor, since the wiper sits on the opposite side of the pivot when resting and is offset.
:thumbup:
can someone show us close-up of Audi Avant A4 E8, rear wiper

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lipper said:
Nenad said:
Most probably yes. What is diferent in them, so you would like to have them on B5?
They have a thicker heavier wiper arm. They appear to make a cleaner more thorough sweep of the windshield. I'm looking for less streaking.
So has anybody tried this, that we know of?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
O.K. As far as I saw on Audi pics, we ARE speaking about Aero blades. In this case you can do it with no problems.

lipper- are we speaking about those wipers or not?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
If you interested in the Aero retro-fit, I believe drewparts sells everything you need to convert your current wipers to the aero wipers, you will need a new arm and wiper assembly. They aren't that great in my opinion, they are very quite but in the cold, I have trouble with them freezing up.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yes! I like that rear wiper a lot (almost as nice as the Acura MDXs)...
I think I'm going for it since my OEM wiper was broken by a hungry car wash... :oops:

How can I get a "R" logo like this one?

thanks,
"R"enato

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
lipper said:
Nenad said:
O.K. As far as I saw on Audi pics, we ARE speaking about Aero blades. In this case you can do it with no problems.

Whatever comes on the Audi 4.2, not sure about the blade itself.
:D You are tough guy. Do you have any pic to show us. As far as I know those are only wipers aside classical ones in VAG range.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
lipper said:
Nenad said:

Whatever comes on the Audi 4.2, not sure about the blade itself.
It would help if you were more specific - all things lead to the Aero Wipers and as I stated, drewparts.com sells the kit to replace them. It's the whole arm and wiper, not just the wiper. I have them on my Passat and so does everyone late 02 and up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Whoooaaaaa...Very confused...are we talking about a replacment for the rear window wiper or front? I have seen conversion kits for front wipers never rear.

I have a variant and HATE the rear window wiper looks very cheap. Does anyone have a part number for the wiper.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
lipper said:
I'm looking for the Windshield Wiper Arms from an Audi-
The Arms appear to be thicker, and from what I've seen, the Audi Wiper arms seem to sweep in a more consistant manner. I'm hoping to eliminate streaking.
DO THEY LOOK LIKE THE AERO BLADES? I believe nenad has been asking you this question over and over and over and over.

I put them on my 00 and they're a lot better than the stock ones.

Dave

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.