·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I thought my bid of 100 bucks was going to win :p

I wouldn't want it in red anyways :D

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Damn, that's right up the street from me too.

I could probably go kick the tires today before they drive it off the showroom floor. :lol:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
ACraig said:
It's an auto :/
Yup, the only transmission available for the RS6. By the way, it's been relisted for those of you with 85k burning a hole in your pockets. ;)

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
What happened to the hot 19" 5 spokers that we saw in all the pictures? :(

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
yeah, red is not a flattering color for the A6/RS6 (too bad it has those Celebration wheels instead of the OEM RS6 wheels I've seen on European models).
I've seen a RS6 last winter in a deep blue and it looks really sharp -- I imagine black or dark gery would be nice too.

The interior is very disappointing, especially this example on eBay.
Some brushed aluminum trim or eucalyptus (or other light colored wood) instead of the tacky faux carbon fiber would be nice and also contrasting Alcantara inserts (like in the S4) would liven up the interior and make it look more sporty and special.
I'm surprised Audi hasn't changed the shiney black plastic rear license plate surround on the trunk -- it sticks out like a sore thumb on lighter colored A6's. Caddilac already changed the similar trim on the 2004 CTS to body colored and it looks so much better (albeit their license plate surround is almost twice as large).

A new A6 should be coming out soon since it hasn't been redesigned since 1997.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
aowhaus said:
A new A6 should be coming out soon since it hasn't been redesigned since 1997.
Yeah.. and if it looks anything like this I need two more jobs. I know, I know these pics have been all over the site but..

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
They've been all over the site and that concept car has nothing to do with the A6. Just a hunch, but I don't think the next A6 is going to be a small coupe :p

·
0 Posts
check these out i think they are pretty much inline to with the future of the current shape they were marked as the 04-05 a6

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I saw the pic immeadiately above with no supporting text... It makes sense. Every article I read regarding the Nuvolari 'claims' it is much like what they expect Audi to release as the A6. Either way.. it makes major TT reference and IF they did put something like that out... Hmmmm.. words can't describe how happy it would make many many people...

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
my understanding is that the Nuvolari (if produced) is the successor to the long lamented Audi Coupe and positioned above the TT in performance, price and features. It's aimed at the Mercedes CLK-series, the forthcoming BMW 6-series coupe, and the North American relaunch of Alfa Romeo with their new GTV coupe in 2006 or 2007.

That image of the new A6 looks very conservative, the redesign is mildly evolutionary. Unfortunately it looks too much like the new A4, where as the new A4 was looking more like the current A6 when it was introduced --
doesn't help the almost identical looks of the A4 and A6 wagons that hurts the A6 sales (other than the Allroad version).

·
0 Posts
aowhaus said:
my understanding is that the Nuvolari (if produced) is the successor to the long lamented Audi Coupe and positioned above the TT in performance, price and features. It's aimed at the Mercedes CLK-series,).
ditto! Nuvolari has never been asscociated with a four design its a classic gt, maybe he is being confused by shots of the new family grill thats incorporated into all new audi designs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts