Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a situation where I need another car somewhat quickly. I was looking to buy used but stumbled across the latest lease deal at Audi. I've never leased before, so I'm having a hard time figuring out if this is really as great a deal as Audi claims:

Lease:
'04 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, Premium package, cold weather package, 6M
MSRP $31,245.

$329/mo, 0 down, 42 months, 10K year (this won't be a problem), residual $16,560K. All scheduled maint. is included.

Is there other info that I should have? What criteria does one use to determine the "value" of a lease?

Thanks

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Actually that seems like a fantastic deal. In CA $0 down has to mean just that, in other states it can mean no cap cost reduction, but you still pay security deposit, reg and license, first payment, etc. You may want to look into that.

There will be tax on the payment, but still a great deal. I know Audi has been stepping lately. They dealers here are advertizing $249 per month, but the "real" down is $4,000!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, to be accurate, this is a no cap down. With $575 aquisition fee and first months payment it's $904 out the door.

For comparison, BMWs current lease deal is:

325xi with AT and heated seats MSRP $33,370
$329/mo, $2500 down payment ($3,170 OTD) (has $350 sec. deposit)
24 months/10,000 miles per year
$24,026 residual

·
Registered
26,781 Posts
Sounds good if you are going to keep it for 3.5 years. A nice car too.

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Honda_to_VW said:
It's sad to see Audi's residuals are so low.
That's actually not too bad for 42 months. The residuals are based on wholesale value remember. He can always sell it at the end of the lease and make money if the market for the car is there in 3.5 years.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Postman said:
Honda_to_VW said:
That's actually not too bad for 42 months. The residuals are based on wholesale value remember. He can always sell it at the end of the lease and make money if the market for the car is there in 3.5 years.
I went to price out a lease on an A4. The monthly payments were crazy. The salesman admitted that Audi has low residuals. No wonder TL's are selling like hotcakes. Great value + high residuals = low monthly payments. Even Volvo's residuals are higher.

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Honda_to_VW said:
Postman said:
Honda_to_VW said:
I went to price out a lease on an A4. The monthly payments were crazy. The salesman admitted that Audi has low residuals. No wonder TL's are selling like hotcakes. Great value + high residuals = low monthly payments. Even Volvo's residuals are higher.
Uh.....$329 month is high? How much are the Volvos and Acuras leasing for then? 53% after 3.5 years is a good residual.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Considering the number of A4s on the road, 53% after 3.5 years does not seem so bad to me. There is no shortage of used Audis to help drive depress the used A4 market.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts