Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might be a kind of strange question, but pleease bare w/ me..... i've had my 99 1.8 passat for a bout a year now, but just recently have started to "hook it up", suspension, chip, clear corner, ect, etc... anyway one thing i learned from the acura(which is made by honda, hint hint!) is that alot of parts and peices are interchangeable or compatible. well.... i was looking through a car magazine the other day and i noticed that the head light on the audi A4 look VERY similar to the ones on the passat, now, i know that the audi headlights have the cornerlight attached to them but a little cut here and a little sanding and polishing there.... and hmmmmmm.... the thought made me wonder.... is it posible? think about it, you can buy aidi a4 headlight for i think $295pair!! well my question to the great ones is: has anyone thought, tried, or investigated this idea?

I've been eyeballing every A4 ever since the idea crosed my mind, i think untill i get an aswere or try it for myself will i be satisfied..........
if you know anything please elighten me and anyone who also might be curious.....thanx............... :crazy: :suspicio:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anything is possible!

However, to my eye, the Passat has a much more rounded front profile than an A4 or A6. If you measure that angle, you might prove me wrong, but it seems like you would be doing much more than $1000 worth of work, for headlights that do not fit the profile of the car.

Now headlight washers off an A4, that is an easy, instant gratification mod!

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
No one has tried it because they don't fit and Xenon headlights are available for the B5 anyway, so why bother?

The lights may appear to be similar, but they aren't similar enough for a direct replacemen. The hood, fenders and front bumper would all need to be altered for a proper fit, resulting in thousands of dollars in unneeded body work.

Contact ECStuning.com or PGPerformance.com for OEM B5 xenon headlights.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
jwil said:
No one has tried it because they don't fit and Xenon headlights are available for the B5 anyway, so why bother?

The lights may appear to be similar, but they aren't similar enough for a direct replacemen. The hood, fenders and front bumper would all need to be altered for a proper fit, resulting in thousands of dollars in unneeded body work.

Contact ECStuning.com or PGPerformance.com for OEM B5 xenon headlights.
Yep ... what he ^ said ! Unless you are hell bent to prove otherwise, the different is so subtle, why even bother ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.