Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
C5 Corvettes are good for 1/4 mile, but their top speed is VERY LOW only 172 for the C5 Coupe, 171 for the C5 ZO6, and 165 for the Convertible, and that's DRAG limited top speed. Even a Passat W8 will kick the Corvette C5's Butt when you remove the Passat governor, even the Passat W8 has a 174 MPH top speed. The Corvette guy was lucky that it was just a 4.2 liter V8 in the Audi, if the he was racing against a W12 or W16 Audi, then the the sonic boom from the Audi passing him would have broken all the Corvette's windows and Mirrors When you remove the Governor, the Audi W12 is a 200MPH car, and is faster than ANY stock corvette. The W16 Audi is INCREDIBLE, it's a lear jet on the road. VW has ALL the fast cars. Bugatti Veyron, Audi W12, Audi W16, VW W12 Nardo, 400hp Passat R46, etc.
lol 172 is VERY LOW haha:poke: ... sonic boom from bein passed:cool: :bowdown: i think you have outdone yourself here sal.

how was your skoolin? did you pass your big scary tests?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Oh boy, if you're trying to compare the Audi A8 4.2 to the W8, you are probably legally retarded. The 4.2 has 330 horsepower.

As for the race? I didn't hear the Corvette engine working too hard...

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Sal29 said:
C5 Corvettes are good for 1/4 mile, but their top speed is VERY LOW only 172 for the C5 Coupe, 171 for the C5 ZO6, and 165 for the Convertible, and that's DRAG limited top speed. Even a Passat W8 will kick the Corvette C5's Butt when you remove the Passat governor, even the Passat W8 has a 174 MPH top speed. The Corvette guy was lucky that it was just a 4.2 liter V8 in the Audi, if the he was racing against a W12 or W16 Audi, then the the sonic boom from the Audi passing him would have broken all the Corvette's windows and Mirrors When you remove the Governor, the Audi W12 is a 200MPH car, and is faster than ANY stock corvette. The W16 Audi is INCREDIBLE, it's a lear jet on the road. VW has ALL the fast cars. Bugatti Veyron, Audi W12, Audi W16, VW W12 Nardo, 400hp Passat R46, etc.
This might make me leave PW...

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol 172 is VERY LOW haha:poke: ... sonic boom from bein passed:cool: :bowdown: i think you have outdone yourself here sal.

It's very low for a sports car with the amount of horsepower and torque they have. Even an old Ferrari Testarosa has much less power than a C5 Corvette Z06, and it's much older technology but it has a far higher top speed.

Some cars are horrible at translating horsepower into top speed.
Cars like the Pontiac GTO, and C5 Corvettes are not good at top speed for how much power they have. It's because the gearing ratios, final drive ratios and drag coefficient are geared more for 1/4 mile performance and or looks than top speed. I mean isn't it sad that a 150 BHP Passat 1.8t has a 142MPH drag limited to speed, but a 405 BHP C5 Corvette Z06 only has a 171 MPH drag limited top speed?

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Oh boy, if you're trying to compare the Audi A8 4.2 to the W8, you are probably legally retarded. The 4.2 has 330 horsepower.

Like I said, excuses. The C5 Convertable has a drag limited top speed of 165 with the top up and lights down, The Audi A8 4.2 has a top speed of 155.3 with the governor working.
Since the top was down and lights were up, even a governed Audi A8 4.2 would easily win.
But I wouldn't expect kindergarteners who haven't even taken highschool physics to understand that.
Since these guys are in Europe, they may very well have had the governor removed in which case No corvette besides the C6 ZO6 would be able to keep up with the Audi A8 4.2.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Yeah, the Corvette wasn't racing, that makes sense.
It makes sense unless ofcourse you've watched part 1 of the race which PROVES that the Corvette is racing but loses because well Corvette's aren't as fast as many people make them out to be.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Well, my one test is tomorrow. I have to do well on these because if I don't do well on my tests throughout college then when I'll grow up I'll have to settle for a lowly 2.0T instead of a highly modded R36 Turbo Coupe.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts

Yeah, the Corvette wasn't racing, that makes sense.
It makes sense unless ofcourse you've watched part 1 of the race which PROVES that the Corvette is racing but loses because well Corvette's aren't as fast as many people make them out to be.
Actually I did watch it. What part of it makes you think the Corvette was racing? And also, where did the Corvette lose in the first video? When it got stuck in traffic? You have to be the most retarded person I've ever encountered on the internet. You make Slimebucket and Vdubracer127 look like Spiraire and Macabre.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
You guys really are kindergarteners aren't you?
I guess none of you actually saw there earlier parts of the race in the German streets where the Corvette was kicking the Audi's butt because the Audi is not as good at cornering or acceleration, anyway, here's part 1.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/Audi+A8/0/wm/67f0a6b2-289b-4e61-bd05-980c00eb3928.htm
Once the cars get on the Autobahn, it's exactly the OPPOSITE story and the Corvette's dust.

Basically exactly the same thing would happen with an ungoverned W8 vs a C5 Z06.
Corvette would rule the streets but the W8 would rule the Autobahn.

Have any of you guys taken college physics?
Don't you understand the simple concept that if the drag limited top speed of a C5 Corvette Convertible is 165 MPH with the headlights down and the top up, then the top speed will NOT be 180 MPH with the lights on/up and the top down? Do you understand that there's 16 times as much air firction at 164 MPH as there is a 41 MPH?
So what's your guess as to the top speed of a stock C5 Convertible with the top down and the lights up, 200 MPH?

If you want to watch the whole race in order, here you go.
Here's part 1 of the race.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/Audi+A8/0/67f0a6b2-289b-4e61-bd05-980c00eb3928.htm
Here's part 2 of the race, but it's mislabeled part 3.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/Audi+A8/0/367e3244-8b1e-4ac5-8481-980c00f07289.htm
Here's part 3 of the race, but it's mislabeled part 2.

Actually I did watch it. What part of it makes you think the Corvette was racing? And also, where did the Corvette lose in the first video? When it got stuck in traffic? You have to be the most retarded person I've ever encountered on the internet. You make Slimebucket and Vdubracer127 look like Spiraire and Macabre.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts