Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ATW code engine and am thinking of replacing the DV myself, with either a TT, Forge or BOV. I want to know what's involved in doing this. I don't even know where it is. I saw something that looked like a DV in front of the passenger headlight assembly, but some claim it's under the engine cover. I've taken this off and couldn't figure out where - all I saw was the fuel filter or whatever it is sitting on the fuel rail. I found this post
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55015&highlight=
but the pictures are missing.

Where is my DV, and what tools do I need? Also, what's recommended that I replace while at it? I am planning on replacing all vac lines with 3.5mm ID silicone hoses. I already have the mini-clamps for this (GB), but does the DV need some other, additional clamps?

Thanks, pictures would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
28,876 Posts
There is a long braided hose that croses the front of the engine. This goes down to the DV. You have to remove the belly pan to get access. I am sure someone will
chime in with pics. I used the TT valve and have no problems (Wett chip).

My DV had screw-type reusable clamps. 1/4" socket or a screwdriver will work.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The DV is not the same thing as the Fuel Pressure Regulator, is it? Cuz that's the thing at top that I mentioned. Also, the ONLY thing the Haynes service manual mentions (as far as valves go).

So I have to get under the car? I have no stinking belly pan, so it's easier for me :)

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
MasTRE said:
The DV is not the same thing as the Fuel Pressure Regulator, is it? Cuz that's the thing at top that I mentioned. Also, the ONLY thing the Haynes service manual mentions (as far as valves go).

So I have to get under the car? I have no stinking belly pan, so it's easier for me :)
Yes you do have to get under the car to get to it. I can post pics for you when I get home from work to make it easier unless someone else has posted some by then.

As far as not having a belly pan - there is some debate over this but I would get a replacement for it soon. Its there to help protect the oil pan amongst other things and not having it on there is asking for trouble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.