Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VWGUY -

I would like to hear your experiences with the 230 Kompressor, both good and bad. I've heard that MB is having some trouble getting these off the lot and therefore offering some good incentives. I'm considering one for my wife.

Your thoughts?

TIA

<![CDATA[VWGUY -

I would like to hear your experiences with the 230 Kompressor, both good and bad. I've heard that MB is having some trouble getting these off the lot and therefore offering some good incentives. I'm considering one for my wife.

Your thoughts?

TIA

[Modified by MAC00B530V, 2:00 PM 12/2/2002]

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Re: Attn: VWGUY4EVER - MB 230 Kompressor (MAC00B530V)

I hear they're quite noisy... That's about all I've heard though, so I can't contribute much.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Re: Attn: VWGUY4EVER - MB 230 Kompressor (stealthx32)

I have one and yes there are EXTREMELY noisy!!

As far as reliability, well ours had some boost problems, and idling issues and it only has 14k miles on it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Re: Attn: VWGUY4EVER - MB 230 Kompressor (b5-turbonium)

I've got a 2001 MB C230 Kompressor. Haven't had any problems with it, except the seats are a bit too hard for my comfort, and while cold the engine creates a somewhat loud wheezing noise. Other than that it has been a good car to drive, handles well, brakes well, steering wheel controls are very convenient.

Biggest gripe I've got with it is that there is no permanent temp guage in the dash, you have to switch to it in the digital screen area. Back seat isn't too crampy either, sure its no Passat, but it is quite comfortable for me.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Re: Attn: VWGUY4EVER - MB 230 Kompressor (b5-turbonium)

Yes the Kompressor still sounds like a John Deere,especially when cold it sounds like it has an exhaust leak. Quick little car - 0-60 in 7.6 sec with the manual trans. Problem areas ?? BAS/ESP light on frequently. Ranging from brake light switch to the all-to-often ESP control unit harness update (specific to all new C-Classes). Panorama sunroof issues ranging from constant rattles/squeaks to shades inop or broken. Front directionals burning out often requiring new sockets and a ground strap update to each headlamp/signal assembly. Smart-Key (Dumb-Key
) problems ranging from the keys themselves to the EIS (Electronic Ignition Switch) which can leave you stranded unable to even turn the ignition let alone start the car. Shall I go on ????

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Re: Attn: VWGUY4EVER - MB 230 Kompressor (VWGUY4EVER)

I haven't had problems with my keys, but I have heard some rattles from the sunroof. I still think the sunroof is cool, though. Haha.

Car is faster, but going by the butt-o-meter, the Passat pushes harder. Maybe its just how and when the car shifts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts