Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAVE-GAS-16-HP-Jetta-Passat-Golf-Touareg-w-V6-31-MPG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42604QQitemZ8039229608QQrdZ1

Look at this thing:

Looks like something you would make out of your Tuna Fish can when you are bored while eating...

I just had to share this since i got a good laugh from it

° This is the OFFICIAL Velocity Tuner!! Don’t be fooled by imitations!!
Imitations :lol: what would they be imitating...

° You can save up to 31% on gas and add up to 16% more horsepower!!
So they are claiming about 6 more mpg (assuming ~20 average before this AMAZING mod). Then 20+ HP :lol:

° Velocity Tuner has a lifetime guarantee!!
We guarantee that in 20 years it will still look like a piece of randomly bent metal.

° Precision laser cut from stainless steel like no other product of it’s kind!!
Laser cut = more power, everyone knows that...DUH!!!

How do they create such power you may ask:

The Velocity Tuner swirls the air in the intake tube much like a tornado. As a result, this allows the air
to move faster and more effectively around corners and bends. Think of it this way: when you drain a
bathtub, a whirlpool is created because it’s the fastest way for the water to go down the drain. The
concept is the same. The faster the air moves in your intake tract, the more power your car, truck or
SUV will have - it’s that simple.
I dont even know how to comment on that one...

So what about the MPG increase you may ask?:

The Velocity Tuner creates a mini-tornado which in turn creates finer particles of atomized fuel allowing
better flame proliferation for a more complete ignition in the combustion chamber. Your vehicles ECU
(computer) reads data through the O2 sensor then recognizes the change. In turn, it adjusts by cutting
surplus fuel delivery thereby resulting in better gas mileage.
Lets just use a lot of big words like combustion, proliferation, and atomized fuel because people will be impressed ;)

All for the LOW LOW price of $15.99

Do i hear GB anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
556 Posts
- Positive Feedback will be left to your account only after Positive Feedback has been left to our account.
- If Negative Feedback is left for us after all parameters of this auction are met by Grille-Tech, Negative
Feedback will be left to your eBay account, eBay will be notified and legal action could result.

What a joke!!!! I say this product is CRAP and his statement above make's you say it is good or he will sue you.

Next time I eat tuna I will make one and post the results here - LOL

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
neutral feedback--- Buyer ac_coy --- Not working / sensor shows no improvement

Reply by grille-tech: How about contacting us for tips? Maybe it's incorrectly installed.

lol......better have it professionally installed

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Come on, are you guys serious? Nobody's had a tuna fish sandwich yet? Somebody get hungry and mod a tuna can and try this. This could be the next "best mod for under $100"

·
Registered
366 Posts
"Laser cut". Why the hell it looks bent and dented already in the first pic? And there is some sort of joint or seam visible on top the round part, maybe the guy holding the laser had to sneeze.

·
Registered
556 Posts
So I called them out on it and here is the trail of messages:

Me first:
Are you kidding me. You honestly think this glorified Tuna Can is going to give me a HP and TQ increase? Please go sell your trash somewhere else.

By the way I love your remarks about feed back

- Positive Feedback will be left to your account only after Positive Feedback has been left to our account.
- If Negative Feedback is left for us after all parameters of this auction are met by Grille-Tech, Negative
Feedback will be left to your eBay account, eBay will be notified and legal action could result.

Real professional!!

I tune cars for a living, and this product is crap and I am reporting you to eBay. People like you should be shut down for scaming the public.

Them back to me:
Don't buy it if you don't want it - it's that simple. Look at our Feedback - obviously other people DO NOT agree with you. Additionally, YOU have not right to establish our Terms of Sale - we do since we pay to list. It's people like YOU that has affected our Feedback Policy. Other Sellers have similar policies!!!!!

Go ahead and report us to to eBay (for what I don't know since we have done nothing wrong). Other people are selling similar items - have you e-mailed them?!

By the way, on a final note ... YOU have been reported to eBay for a violation of their eMail Messaging System. Please do not contact us again and invest your efforts into something a bit more constructive.

Thank you,
Grille-Tech, LLC

Me back again:
What policy have I violated? Calling you out on your BS product is not a violation of the useage agreement with eBay.

I am going to buy one of your products and PROVE that it is crap, then I will post it all over the internet and report you again to ebay for fraud. I will also leave feedback accordingly.

We shall see if the eBay Police come get me, or if they prevent me from buying one of their Tuna Can Tops.

·
Registered
633 Posts
vipernoved said:
neutral feedback--- Buyer ac_coy --- Not working / sensor shows no improvement

Reply by grille-tech: How about contacting us for tips? Maybe it's incorrectly installed.

lol......better have it professionally installed

Thats what they put for all non positive feedback replies, could have giving tips/hints, maybe not installed correctly.

The sad part is he is probably making a fortune off crap.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
kraut-sled said:
I am going to buy one of your products and PROVE that it is crap, then I will post it all over the internet and report you again to ebay for fraud. I will also leave feedback accordingly.
i would love to see some vag-com numbers on that pos tuna can :lol:

keep us posted if you do it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts