Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
:mad: :mad: :mad: Customer service or business survival?

I ordered FK rims through RPI and was told via email that the 10" will fit as well as the 8" on a lowered Passat. I also was told that I could order the dark grey that they show in their catalogue. All this was crap!! The 10" rims were delayed for three months due to out of stock issues. Then delayed again since they ran out of 8" for my fronts. Finally got them and of course not the dark grey but a silver colour instead. Paid to have them painted out of my own pocket ($240 per rim) and then found that they don't tuck under either the front or back fenders. The suspension setup was discussed prior to purchase. Yes they'll fit, no problem blah blah blah.

Avoid FK like the plague. My condolences to all customers who have bought through them or their dealers. Dealer's hands are tied if the supplier won't step up and take blame where they screw up.

Glad to see that the suspension issue is being taken care of though. Be wary!! :mad: :thumbdow:

·
Registered
774 Posts
BoopTA2 said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: Customer service or business survival?

I ordered FK rims through RPI and was told via email that the 10" will fit as well as the 8" on a lowered Passat. I also was told that I could order the dark grey that they show in their catalogue. All this was crap!! The 10" rims were delayed for three months due to out of stock issues. Then delayed again since they ran out of 8" for my fronts. Finally got them and of course not the dark grey but a silver colour instead. Paid to have them painted out of my own pocket ($240 per rim) and then found that they don't tuck under either the front or back fenders. The suspension setup was discussed prior to purchase. Yes they'll fit, no problem blah blah blah.

Avoid FK like the plague. My condolences to all customers who have bought through them or their dealers. Dealer's hands are tied if the supplier won't step up and take blame where they screw up.

Glad to see that the suspension issue is being taken care of though. Be wary!! :mad: :thumbdow:
Sorry to hear you had so many problems with your order from RPI. This is far different from my experience dealing with NGP Racing in Maryland and with FK North America. I found FK to be very responsive, just not incredibly quick in getting back to you. FK has definitely stepped up to the plate here, and has bent over backwards to correct issues and to make people right for delays. This thread is a case in point, where they are providing the correct springs with an upgraded spring perch, and covering the cost to swap out the springs. Of course this is how it should always be, but it's unfortunately not the norm.

NGP Racing has been great. They have stayed on top of things, and have made sure their customers are taken care of.

It may be that your problem had more to do with RPI than with FK. You never indicate whether your communications were with the dealer or with the company. Many dealers may choose not to follow up for you. Did you ever call FK to complain and/or to seek help? From my experience, I would not hesitate for a moment to order from FK again.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
hey dac2800,
I won't know exactly when to call my retailer and ask if they got the FK cup kit. I have been calling everyday since saturday and I don't want to piss off the sales rep. Do u think that you can leave a post on this thread when you hear that the kits have come in. P.S. any news on shipment location/T-minus time. Thanks.

merk20vt 8) :beer:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I will be installing the FK suspension kit this week. I first double checked with Mark at FK Northamerica.

·
Registered
774 Posts
merk20VT said:
hey dac2800,
I won't know exactly when to call my retailer and ask if they got the FK cup kit. I have been calling everyday since saturday and I don't want to piss off the sales rep. Do u think that you can leave a post on this thread when you hear that the kits have come in. P.S. any news on shipment location/T-minus time. Thanks.

I talked to Ed at NGP Racing this afternoon. They are picking up an international shipment today, but are not yet sure who it's from

As to install costs, my understanding is that FK will be covering the cost to switch out the rear springs if you already installed your kit.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
dac2800 said:
merk20VT said:
hey dac2800,

I talked to Ed at NGP Racing this afternoon. They are picking up an international shipment today, but are not yet sure who it's from

As to install costs, my understanding is that FK will be covering the cost to switch out the rear springs if you already installed your kit.
In that case.....amazing customer service!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
774 Posts
dac2800 said:
The springs were not in NGP's Tuesday 11/11 delivery, but are expected soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Today I went to install both upper and lower guide links in my car front suspension.I asked the dealer to install my FK suspension and it was made not for my Passat :mad: This is their second wrong suspension sent by mail :evil: Tomorrow Im returning these wrong items and also calling Mark at FK for a money return. I dont know was their problem but I cant take this anymore .In the near future i will buy from someone else

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has anyone heard anything back about this? Gotten parts? I really want to get this fixed before the snow falls, otherwise I may be unable to drive my car, and that is not an option. :cry: I will be giving Ed a call this evening if I get a chance. Lemme know if anyone else is hearing something. :poke:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Archanum said:
Has anyone heard anything back about this? Gotten parts? I really want to get this fixed before the snow falls, otherwise I may be unable to drive my car, and that is not an option. :cry: I will be giving Ed a call this evening if I get a chance. Lemme know if anyone else is hearing something. :poke:
SHIPPING UPDATE

The replacement springs and seats are expected in anytime. They were supposed to go the FK's offices, but were sent to NGP instead. So just call NGP and chat with them, they will take care of you. No need to wait til later, anyone there can help you. If I hear they are in, I will post.

FYI, I just spoke with Jake at NGP (new guy, but very helpful). He checked, and the springs are still in shipment. No specific ETA because US customs can take a little while these days, but they are hoping by the end of the week.

If you want your parts sooner, I suggest calling FK directly, they are the ones who shipped the parts. NGP cannot send us what FK hasn't given them yet. Ask for Mark or Dan.
M-F 8-5 PST, Sat 10-1 PST
1-866-673-3735

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd like to thank FK automotive and NGP for their quick and appreciated
CUSTOMER SERVICE. I recieved my replacement adjustable rear spring setup
on the 14nov. :thumbup:

I just have one problem there is no adjustment tool with the springs. :???:

I will try to notify them and see what comes of it.

Hopeful that great CUSTOMER SERVICE will show its face again. :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just got my replacement springs....small springs, LARGE box. It was pretty damn funny. :crazy: But hey, I got my springs, and thats all that matters. Now I just have to get em installed. Then I will be stylin'! :thumbup: Thanx FK.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
AWESOME, my local shop just gave me a shout, and told me the B5 cup kit is now available, i should be getting them in sometime next week... :cry: but i have to hold off the installation, becuase winter is already here. :roll:

.... Nevertheless it'll be something to look forward too for spring. :weirdo:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i just ordered the high tec kit, will this be in the kit when i get it??

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
NO, you would get the standard kit without the rear coilover rear springs. We got them because of their initial problem with the mislabled springs. This was to compensate for the Rake look.

Your set should be fine (i think)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts