Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We would like the owners of the FK Hitec kits that have the rear springs that do not lower the vehicle to email us your contact information. We will need the following:

Name
Address
Phone Number
Email Address
Place of Purchase

Please email your contact info to [email protected]. We will be replacing your rear springs with springs and adjustable perches from our coilover kits. This will enable you to adjust the rear of the car to the height you desire. We will be receiving the replacement parts from Germany in the near future.

We would also like to say we are sorry at how long it has taken to remedy the problem. We wanted to make sure the problem would be taken care of correctly.

Thank you very much for your patience.

FK North America
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
I wish I had purchased them after witnessing this response. :(

I certainly know where I will go when I do upgrade my suspension :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Wow, now THAT'S service!!! I will for sure look into getting their springs when I am in the market again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
FK

I'm happy to see that FK has great customer service, but what I want to know is if I buy the Hitec Sport kit now, will I get the correct setup? And also, who has this setup and how does it perform?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,728 Posts
Wow, I was beginning to get worried there. didn't hear from them a long time but Now seems to be all worth it. :thumbup:

Mr. FK, will you also be giving some sort of compensation of labor cost to replace the spring shock kit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
Re: FK

droop17 said:
I'm happy to see that FK has great customer service, but what I want to know is if I buy the Hitec Sport kit now, will I get the correct setup? And also, who has this setup and how does it perform?
droop17-
You should get the correct setup. I spoke with Chris at FK North America earlier today, according to him the replacement Hightec 35-40 kits (the 40/55 kits were unaffected) are literally on the boat now, they are expected into Seattle/Vancouver within 3 weeks.

For reviews of FK suspensions, check on this thread. http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52725[url]

veedubyo said:
Wow, I was beginning to get worried there. didn't hear from them a long time but Now seems to be all worth it. :thumbup:

Mr. FK, will you also be giving some sort of compensation of labor cost to replace the spring shock kit?
veedubyo-
As I understand it, you should be getting reimbursed for the labor costs to remove the incorrect springs and install the right ones. This was my understanding as of early August, when everyone first realized there was a problem with some rear springs. It has just taken this long to identify the specific problem and to then get caught up with manufacturing replacements, since in addition to all of us FK recalled a lot of stock.

Also, FYI Mr. FK is either Mark or Dan at FK North America.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
******* I ordered my FK Cup Kit a month and a half ago! Please, Please, Pleeeease tell me that this mean FK North America is back in stock with the kit!***********

*Please can you give me a date for when I can expect to hear the Cup Kit in North America(for B5 sedan 35-40mm drop)*

Oops:Edit: just saw "within three weeks" thanks :weirdo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
thanks, gang, for this sticky. i've just mailed my request to FK for this corrective kit. a month after install, the purported 35/40 kit sent to me has settled into a 57/30mm drop, creating too much of a good thing.
though the selling parties involved, NGP and FK, appear to be sincere, i would not recommend that anyone purchase the 35/40 kits until such time as FK has confirmed that the kits are proper, probably through trial and error installs with independent customers. i would also recommend that any potential buyer verify through this website that FK is adequately compensating customers for their reinstall costs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
eirebob said:
thanks, gang, for this sticky. i've just mailed my request to FK for this corrective kit. a month after install, the purported 35/40 kit sent to me has settled into a 57/30mm drop, creating too much of a good thing.
though the selling parties involved, NGP and FK, appear to be sincere, i would not recommend that anyone purchase the 35/40 kits until such time as FK has confirmed that the kits are proper, probably through trial and error installs with independent customers. i would also recommend that any potential buyer verify through this website that FK is adequately compensating customers for their reinstall costs.
Eriebob-
I have to take serious issue with what you say in your message.

One, you seem to be shocked to only now discover that there was an issue with the FK 35-40 kits. As early as the beginning of August, (August 6) I notified people of the drop issue, and others have posted threads devoted specifically to the rake issue. I personally have spoken multiple times with NGP Racing, FK North America, and at leads 4 of the affected ClubB5.com members. Had you been following any of this, you would have known 3 months ago that there was a potential issue with the Hightec 35-40 kits. Specifically, some people received the wrong rear springs. After speaking with numerous customers and examining pictures and returned (as well as in-stock) 35-40 kits, FK decided to recall all potentially affected kits. Again, this information is almost 3 months old.

Two, given your voiced concern about FK's intended response, I have to ask which FK competitor you work for. Almost as soon as the problem was identified in early August, FK North America stepped up and told anyone they knew of with this issue that they would offer replacement springs, paying for the new parts and covering install costs. As many here know, both FK and NGP have gone very far for us. We have been waiting until now because FK wanted to be sure they identified and corrected the issue before sending out replacement parts.

Three, your suggestion of independent trials is ridiculous. Had FK and NGP just shipped everyone bad replacement parts, I would understand this. But instead the manufacturer and the retailer have gone to HUGE steps to identify our issues and make sure we we taken care of right, and at no additional cost to us. I can assure you that extensive testing would have been a part of this process.

Four, I am baffled by your suggestion that people hold off buying FK components. Let me see here -- a manufacturer identifies a problem, bends over backwards to make sure it is fixed right the first time, offers to ensure that you will not be out-of-pocket any more money, AND publicly solicits concerned customers. I my mind, these are all reasons why someone SHOULD buy from FK! Furthermore, this was not a persistent issue. It popped up on, AFAIK, one batch of US shipments, and was identified and corrected. Some of the GB purchasers got earlier kits, and they are fine.

Five, I am very concerned that you are touting ClubB5 as the definitive source for what actions FK will be taking. In this case, the MANUFACTURER has asked that you contact them directly. In case you want other options, feel free to contact any of the following:
Me: dac2800, [email protected]
NGP Racing: 1-877-GERMAN1, ask for Ed Sheets. He is one of the owners and the GB sponsor, he knows more than anyone about this issue.
FK North America, 1-866-673-3735, ask for Mark or Dan. Mark actually flew to Germany last month to make sure we are being taken care of!

Finally, for all those wondering about timing, Chris at FK tells me and NGP that our replacement parts left Germany 1 1/2 weeks ago, and should be in Seattle/Vancouver within 2 weeks. NGP also has a stock of replacement components. Again, try the contact info above for more detail. And for anyone wondering, as the GB sponsor I also am still waiting for my new suspension, so I'm in the same boat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
dac2800 said:
eirebob said:
thanks, gang, for this sticky. i've just mailed my request to FK for this corrective kit. a month after install, the purported 35/40 kit sent to me has settled into a 57/30mm drop, creating too much of a good thing.
though the selling parties involved, NGP and FK, appear to be sincere, i would not recommend that anyone purchase the 35/40 kits until such time as FK has confirmed that the kits are proper, probably through trial and error installs with independent customers. i would also recommend that any potential buyer verify through this website that FK is adequately compensating customers for their reinstall costs.
Eriebob-
I have to take serious issue with what you say in your message.

One, you seem to be shocked to only now discover that there was an issue with the FK 35-40 kits. As early as the beginning of August, (August 6) I notified people of the drop issue, and others have posted threads devoted specifically to the rake issue. I personally have spoken multiple times with NGP Racing, FK North America, and at leads 4 of the affected ClubB5.com members. Had you been following any of this, you would have known 3 months ago that there was a potential issue with the Hightec 35-40 kits. Specifically, some people received the wrong rear springs. After speaking with numerous customers and examining pictures and returned (as well as in-stock) 35-40 kits, FK decided to recall all potentially affected kits. Again, this information is almost 3 months old.

Two, given your voiced concern about FK's intended response, I have to ask which FK competitor you work for. Almost as soon as the problem was identified in early August, FK North America stepped up and told anyone they knew of with this issue that they would offer replacement springs, paying for the new parts and covering install costs. As many here know, both FK and NGP have gone very far for us. We have been waiting until now because FK wanted to be sure they identified and corrected the issue before sending out replacement parts.

Three, your suggestion of independent trials is ridiculous. Had FK and NGP just shipped everyone bad replacement parts, I would understand this. But instead the manufacturer and the retailer have gone to HUGE steps to identify our issues and make sure we we taken care of right, and at no additional cost to us. I can assure you that extensive testing would have been a part of this process.

Four, I am baffled by your suggestion that people hold off buying FK components. Let me see here -- a manufacturer identifies a problem, bends over backwards to make sure it is fixed right the first time, offers to ensure that you will not be out-of-pocket any more money, AND publicly solicits concerned customers. I my mind, these are all reasons why someone SHOULD buy from FK! Furthermore, this was not a persistent issue. It popped up on, AFAIK, one batch of US shipments, and was identified and corrected. Some of the GB purchasers got earlier kits, and they are fine.

Five, I am very concerned that you are touting ClubB5 as the definitive source for what actions FK will be taking. In this case, the MANUFACTURER has asked that you contact them directly. In case you want other options, feel free to contact any of the following:
Me: dac2800, [email protected]
NGP Racing: 1-877-GERMAN1, ask for Ed Sheets. He is one of the owners and the GB sponsor, he knows more than anyone about this issue.
FK North America, 1-866-673-3735, ask for Mark or Dan. Mark actually flew to Germany last month to make sure we are being taken care of!

Finally, for all those wondering about timing, Chris at FK tells me and NGP that our replacement parts left Germany 1 1/2 weeks ago, and should be in Seattle/Vancouver within 2 weeks. NGP also has a stock of replacement components. Again, try the contact info above for more detail. And for anyone wondering, as the GB sponsor I also am still waiting for my new suspension, so I'm in the same boat.
i was of course aware of the acknowledged problem with rear ride height, as well as customer feedback on this site expressing surprise that the front was lower than expected. after several emails and phone calls with ed of NGP, he referred me to dan at FK. i had previously talked to dan about my high vin concern, that ride height, ala eibach, might be too high. now i wanted to be sure that mine was not among the affected kits. after two unsuccessful attempts to reach dan, chris checked my spring numbers, and said mine were ok. it was only then that i proceeded with install.
my original post of october 8th, on an fk thread, was essentially positive and enthusiastic. my measured drop at that stage was 50/40, which i could live with.
but the front has dropped another 1/4 to 3/8 inch and the rear has raised similarly. the look is just that bit more out of balance, and i fear functional difficulties as well.
time after time on this site members and visitors express interest in aftermarket suspensions, but are leery of excessive drops. if the FK 35/40 kits are having problems with drops either more or less than advertised, i would hope to secure such feedback from other members, as well to give mine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
eirebob said:
time after time on this site members and visitors express interest in aftermarket suspensions, but are leery of excessive drops. if the FK 35/40 kits are having problems with drops either more or less than advertised, i would hope to secure such feedback from other members, as well to give mine
The drop on the 35-40 kit is as advertised, the differential drop was due to incorrect rear springs (yes, I understand they had the right part number on them, but they were still the wrong springs). This does NOT mean that anyone with a 35-40 kit had a problem. It was only part of one shipment to the US in, I think, late August. There should none of these kits circulating, as they were all pulled back by FK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
,... chris checked my spring numbers, and said mine were ok. it was only then that i proceeded with install.
:crazy: :weirdo:

"assembly line process"
wagon spring -----> stamped with sedan spring #

therefore when u checked the # it was the right one, but really was the wagon spring. :roll:


p.s. can't wait for my set
thanks for keeping me posted dac2800
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Has anyone who responded to this sticky received any information back from FK yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
McFly said:
Has anyone who responded to this sticky received any information back from FK yet?
Yeah, I was wondering that as well. I sent them all the required info and haven't heard anything. More than anything I just want to make sure they got my info and are in the process of doing something.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
If anyopne is getting antsy, I recommend calling FK North America or your retailer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
merk20VT said:
,... chris checked my spring numbers, and said mine were ok. it was only then that i proceeded with install.
:crazy: :weirdo:

"assembly line process"
wagon spring -----> stamped with sedan spring #

therefore when u checked the # it was the right one, but really was the wagon spring. :roll:


p.s. can't wait for my set
thanks for keeping me posted dac2800
that's the million dollar question ... i hope david is right in surmising that the rear raise relates also to the excess front drop, but upon initial installation, the rears measured at almost exactly 40mm, on spec, while the front drop was about 50mm. at the time i thought the extra 15mm, about 5/8 inch, might have related to the extra weight of the v6(manual) or to the extra initial height of my high vin model. it was only after this first month, when i realized i had to shove my two fingers into the gap that i remeasured and found the front had dropped on both sides between 1/4 and 3/8 inch, and the rear had raised almost exactly the same. if the fk fix can restore the 50/40mm drops, i'll be happy. but i'm not sure someone else, in the snow belt for instance, would be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
eirebob said:
that's the million dollar question ... i hope david is right in surmising that the rear raise relates also to the excess front drop, but upon initial installation, the rears measured at almost exactly 40mm, on spec, while the front drop was about 50mm. at the time i thought the extra 15mm, about 5/8 inch, might have related to the extra weight of the v6(manual) or to the extra initial height of my high vin model. it was only after this first month, when i realized i had to shove my two fingers into the gap that i remeasured and found the front had dropped on both sides between 1/4 and 3/8 inch, and the rear had raised almost exactly the same. if the fk fix can restore the 50/40mm drops, i'll be happy. but i'm not sure someone else, in the snow belt for instance, would be.
Merk is right on as to what happened. As far as the extra drop over time, oddly enough everyone with the wrong rear springs had the same thing happen -- over a few weeks, the nose dropped as the rear rose. When all is done, you should be dropped the same at all 4 tires, somewhere from 35-40mm. With a V6, closer to 40mm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
dac2800 said:
If anyopne is getting antsy, I recommend calling FK North America or your retailer.
...I'd only be antsy :nervous: if others had already been contacted. Just curious. :roll:
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top