Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We here at Club B5 are looking for people that have experience in writing or journalism, but we're not limiting it just to the experienced ones...we're interested in people that are aspiring as well...

I can't really explain what this is about yet, but you should obviously know you would be writing about VW's and Passats, and it would be for this web site only.

For now, please post here if you're interested, and list your writing or journalism experiences for us to see. Also, please post questions about this subject here as opposed to emailing me.

Thank you,
Thanasi the GREEK

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Thanasi,

I'm game.

I am not a journalist, but I have a lot of experience writing technical journals, white papers and procedures.

I'm the guy who had to answer people's questions about technical manuals or VCR instructions that assumed you had a PhD in the subject when it was written. As such, I had to write documents so others could see and understand the process or procedure, even if they had no technical background.

Not a great start, but I enjoy it, more so if it is about Passats, as opposed to Magneto Resistive Heads. Know what I mean?

HTH,
Mark

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
wow what a person to follow...

I don't have the most experience but I've done technical writing for engineering companies before... and some creative writing on the side.

If I can be of service let me know.

Justin

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

It just looked like something that might be fun, secrecy and all, and I wanted to sound off.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I'm in too Thanasi,

My experience is in writing technical for engineering as well. I have also had the unfortunate priveldge of contract writing. I have written newsletters for my employers, all manner of marketing materials etc... and have dabbled in fiction (wrote a 90 page novel a few years ago). I have also written countless letters to the editor of various newspapers.

I can provide examples if you would like. So are you going to begin posting articles and reviews? If so I'm definitely interested.

Josh

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I would be interested in writing as well. I have dabbled in journalism in high school and have written several technical mini white-papers at work. I also have a nack for photography so I can take some pictures if necessary.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I write all of the thank you cards and family newsletters at home. I try to keep it slightly humorous. I do a lot of engineering reports and procedures, but prefer to write letters to my wife or mildly amusing sarcasm in respone to some of the insanity that gets posted here. I would be interested in your writing opportunity... particularly if there might be a beer review or two involved :thumbup: :beer:

Cheers,

Carl III

·
Registered
468 Posts
My new wife is a reporter for a newspaper out here and I've won some awards in the past for putting lots of letters on a page. Let me know if I can be of any help.
cheers :beer:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Hello,

I'm not a journalist either but I would love to give it a shot. My degree is in Computer Science with just a few hours shy of a minor in English Lit. I didn't have the time, patience or money to take the last couple of courses.

I tend to write technical documents in my position as a Network Admin. One of my jobs is to try to explain things to people who ask a lot of questions. Questions about things you wouldn't normally think of which tends to make you research the daylights out of topics before you write about them.

I know you're feeling your way around the idea but something you could possibly consider is to throw a topic out for us and have us submit a sample discussion of it to you. Perhaps we would submit just 3 paragraphs each no more than 250 words or something to that effect?

Cheers,

Sullie

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'd be into it, depending on what you are talking about. I do a lot of writing for my job, so I might be able to bring something to the table.

·
Registered
709 Posts
what cerev1 said. I'd be more than willing to do it depending on what the content is you want us to be willing to write about.

My credentials:

I've written many reviews and articles on my own hard rock & music website, The Digital Noise Network. My reviews and/or articles have been available for viewing since September 2001, and my website has received over 315,000 unique hits.

I've also written some stuff for my high school newspaper, as well as some freelance editorials for my college newspaper. I'm currently the newsletter manager for my fraternity's alumni association and I'm in charge of developing an organized and informative update to send out to hundreds of people.

In addition, for what it's worth, I have extreme creativity in my writings and all the papers I've been given the task of writing in college so far have been B's and A's (don't know what that's worth, but hey).

I'd be more than willing to help the site out in any way I can.

- Logan

·
Registered
290 Posts
I might be interested, as well. Since 1998 I've been writing for magazines in the radio-controlled model car industry. I spent four years as Contributing Editor for Hi-Torque's R/C CAR Magazine, and for the past couple of years have been working for AirAge Media on their publications, including Radio Control Car Action, and Radio Control Nitro. In fact, you can see my work in the current (July) issue of Nitro, where I think I have four articles.

Would you be able to give interested parties a clue via PM as to what this is all about?

Lito Reyes

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I'm a print/Web journalist who currently has some time on his hands (i.e. unemployed). Have 6 years print experience followed by 7 years Web experience. Reporting, copy editing, shooting, editing, page design, Web design, reviews, op-eds, headlines, ad specs, marketing, etc., etc.

I'd rather not post the details, so please drop me a line if you need more info on my credentials

cheers!

:beer:

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
For more than a decade, I was a newspaper reporter, editor and publisher, consecutively, and in that order. Given my current commitments, I don't have the time to research and write stories for the site, but I'd be happy to fact-check, copy-edit and edit the submissions made by whomever you choose.

Writing is part of the process. Editing is the often-forgotten part.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
I am not an exerpienced writer at all. I have a true passion for anything dealing with cars, their history, background, and the future that they bring to civilzation. I havent written any huge documents but I am always up for a challenge that will bring new things to the board. I have helped write newsletters and such for our company's community involvment publication issued at work. It would be a true honor and privilage to be able to contribute to the many things that ClubB5 is involved in both online, and in the community.

With that said,
Thanks
Steve

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
I write tons of scientific papers, but I also have an alterego who writes commentary for newpaper publication. I wrote a weekly column for the Drexel Triangle for over a year and have had letters and commentary published in the Phila Inquirer, the Detroit Free Press, and the Savannah Morning News.

I love to write.

This may be bad, but I also got "published" on Vortex. :oops:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I write a lot of papers for school heh. I have had English teachers from hell. I don't have many qualifications either but I have been told often that I am a gifted writer and I enjoy writing. I have been recognized quite often for my writing. I'd be interested, in writing and helping CB5!!

-Wapptor

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I write workers' compensation reports all day long at work. I have no idea how good they are though. At work, when no one's looking :suspicio: , I try some creative stuff, which is mostly about my boss and the rest of the staff. It's pretty funny shit. I'm passively working on a stupid script right now. It's just for fun though. I'd be interested.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts