Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Notice the title states "other." The text states "THIS CAR HAS A MISSISSIPPI FLOOD TITLE." They say no engine or real damage...and I have beach front Everglades property to sell you. I would stay away from it. That car has been for sale on ebay the past couple months.

I love this line of shit: "AND FROM WHAT WE CAN SEE HAD VERY LITTLE IF ANY WATER IN THE CAR AT ALL..." Then a few lines down they say "THE SEAT COVERS IN THE FRONT HAVE BEEN HURT BY BEING CLEANED WITH TO STRONG A CLEANING AGENT AND WENT HARD AND CRACKED." I bet that cleaning agent was Mississippi mud water covering the seats for weeks, lol. Sunroof, power windows ans seats...DO NOT WORK!!!

However, if you do buy it...give me those Madras wheels:lol:

·
Registered
72 Posts
They say right in the description that it's a flood title. Run away dude, unless you want to have fun installing and new ccm and rewiring the car.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats the odds of this car running with no problems ?

$10,000 for a w8 with 50k sounds soooooooooo good ..
what would be the best price for this car ?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think I saw W8s with around 60k for about $18k before negotiation in Cali. I think the 8k extra would be well spent as you won't have the AMAZING headache of trouble shooting this car, plus if you ever decide to sell it, the resell value on a salvaged W8 (which has bad deprication as it is) will be next to nothing... Stay away, and run away.

·
Registered
550 Posts
A heap of trouble just waiting to happen IMHO. No sunroof, p/w, or p/s today ... what else tomorrow?! Ther's no doubt this is a Katrina beast - seller is in Ocean Springs and the tag is from Walker VW in Metairie. A bargain? Well, that would depend on how much it costs to rewire from head-to-toe.

·
Registered
221 Posts
mr. parish, I was about to type the exact same thing. Classic. It only dissolves cylinders on the front of the block, never the back, those are safe from the mud due to bumper clearance, yeah, and donkeys fly.

It's a great deal for expensive scrap metal. go get it.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
whats the odds of this car running with no problems ?

$10,000 for a w8 with 50k sounds soooooooooo good ..
what would be the best price for this car ?
When you add another 10 grand to get all the electronics replaced, it becomes somewhat less of a deal. It's sad that a W8 had to die in a flood, but shit happens. Pick up an AEB 1.8t and mod the living hell out of it for the same amount of money; it will be loads more fun.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Warning....i Went And Saw The Car In Person....stay Away From The Car!!!! Believe Me Stay Away From It!!!!!! It Smells Horrible And The Front Seats Look Even Worst. Dried And Cracked Is Not The Word And If The Water Got To The Seats Which You Can Still See The Water Marks On Then You Know It Got Into The Electronics!!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
would a car such as this even be worth buying to only tear apart and sell?

glass, sheet metal, engine, wheels/tires, axles, transmission.... all the stuff EXCEPT wiring? Seems like it would be a great base for a junkyard if all bits and pieces are going to be removed and their new respective home was going to give them a little TLC before install.
thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Dude, a flood title?

Not even worth thinking about buying. I can almost guarantee you would spend a few more grand just fixing the damn thing.

Poor flooded VW =(

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've got a Ford Taurus for sale for only $500.00

Seriously, if you are going to buy a used car, CARFAX the thing and make sure it is not a flood or salvage title unless you enjoy pulling your hair out or crying.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
"THIS CAR HAS A MISSISSIPPI FLOOD TITLE"

dont buy before taking a GOOD look at it........................ then think over night and come back the next day to take another GOOD look at it.

repeat 10 times the above procedure. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts