Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: ATP Just Released Their Stage II Turbo 250-280 [email protected] $1950 (NUISANCE)

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that this kit uses the stock exhaust manifold (which I hate). Also, I don't see that the fueling issues on the older 1.8t motors will be addressed by this kit, i.e., no upgraded injectors, just a "High Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator".

Don't get me wrong, this looks like alot of good stuff for the price, but I'm still holding my breath for a kit that comes in between a simple chip and the APR stage III that also properly addreses the exhaust manifold and fueling issues on my car.

Juan, where are you?

I've pasted the info from the site below for convenience.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Stage II 250-280HP - $1950.00
TBO Garrett/Honeywell GT25/T28 Turbocharger
TBO Dual Ball Bearing Trim
WGT Internal Wastegate Actuator
WGT Internal Wastegate Bracket
MISC Exhaust Manifold Adapter Plate
DNP Exhaust Dishcharge Flange
MISC CNC Inlet Adapter - 44mm outer diameter
MISC CNC Outlet Adapter - 50mm outer diameter
HARDW 2 Water Banjo Fittings (14mm)
HARDW 2 Water Hoses (18")
OIL Oil Feed Fitting Adapter
OIL Oil Feed Line (48")
FUL High Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator
EP-MK418T EPROM, MK4, 18T Stage II
HARDW

* 8mm Studs(10) , 8mm nuts (10)
* 8mmà6mm Studs (2), 8mmà6mm nuts (2)
* 8mm hex bolts (5)
* 6mm bolts (3)
* 10mm bolts (3)
* Washers (20)
* KO3 TurboàManifold Gasket
* T25 Gasket
* Oil Return Gasket
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ATP Just Released Their Stage II Turbo 250-280 [email protected] $1950 (bciesq)

I have also heard some stuff about ATPs work but I still want it, after someone else tries it out first. Even with a K04 upgrade most of them use the stock manifold, they only get upgraded with the APR III and turbos with that much power. As far as the K04 upgrades go most of them use the stock injectors with an upgraded FPR. I might be wrong though.

<![CDATA[I have also heard some stuff about ATPs work but I still want it, after someone else tries it out first. Even with a K04 upgrade most of them use the stock manifold, they only get upgraded with the APR III and turbos with that much power. As far as the K04 upgrades go most of them use the stock injectors with an upgraded FPR. I might be wrong though.

[Modified by NUISANCE, 4:18 AM 11/17/2002]

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Re: ATP Just Released Their Stage II Turbo 250-280 [email protected] $1950 (NUISANCE)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I have also heard some stuff about ATPs work but I still want it, after someone else tries it out first. Even with a K04 upgrade most of them use the stock manifold, they only get upgraded with the APR III and turbos with that much power. As far as the K04 upgrades go most of them use the stock injectors with an upgraded FPR. I might be wrong though.

[Modified by NUISANCE, 4:18 AM 11/17/2002]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The APR stage III uses the GT-25 . . . same turbo as ATP. Without an upgraded exhaust manifold and injectors . . . I would be rather suspicious of this kit, especially since APR claims 280 HP with the same turbo.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Re: ATP Just Released Their Stage II Turbo 250-280 [email protected] $1950 (crew217)

Shot in the dark: are the GT-25 and the T-25 Garrett turbos the same?

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Re: ATP Just Released Their Stage II Turbo 250-280 [email protected] $1950 (stealthx32)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Shot in the dark: are the GT-25 and the T-25 Garrett turbos the same?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

APR uses GT-25 . . . check their website.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Re: ATP Just Released Their Stage II Turbo 250-280 [email protected] $1950 (crew217)

I don't see how there is anyway they can streach these stock injectors to get 250~280hp. 250hp MIGHT be a possibility, but 280hp.....I don't think so. Not to mention their programming sucks bigtime. I wish that this kit came with injectors and good programming, because then I would definitely give it a close look. APR stg.3 isn't out for my car and more than likely won't be coming out since the BQ engine box for my year passat only applies to the passat and nothing else. That means there would be no market for a stg.3 of my model year.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Re: ATP Just Released Their Stage II Turbo 250-280 [email protected] $1950 (stealthx32)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Shot in the dark: are the GT-25 and the T-25 Garrett turbos the same?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No even close to being the same

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Re: ATP Just Released Their Stage II Turbo 250-280 [email protected] $1950 (passaturbonium)

The software is "EPROM, MK4, 18T Stage II". You connect it to the manifold with an adapter plate they sell you. You certainly get what you pay for..

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Re: ATP Just Released Their Stage II Turbo 250-280 [email protected] $1950 (Blade)

Did any of you notice this line from the list of goodies that comes in the ATP kit:

"EP-MK418T EPROM, MK4, 18T Stage II"

Doesn't that mean that this kit is only for the MK IV golfs and Jettas? That's what I got when I read it.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Re: ATP Just Released Their Stage II Turbo 250-280 [email protected] $1950 (Chas)

Whee, bump. The MK4 doesn't seem like a horrible coincidence....maybe someone should give 'em a call?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Look at the top of the page, read "FOR PASSAT" :)

MK4 probably just means MK4 of the EPROM. It could simply be M-K-4 not Mark 4!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts