Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 76k on my 01.5 tip. Is it too late to do the atf flush? Can people who have done this recently talk abt their post atf flush experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It is never too late. Some have done the ATF fluid and filter change and noticed improvement, some have noticed no change.

Though VW states it is a lifetime fluid, having it changed somewhere between 60K and 100K miles seems reasonable. And if you are having issues, changing it sooner makes more sense than waiting for the transmission to break and then having to purchase a whole new transmission.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have 76k on my 01.5 tip. Is it too late to do the atf flush? Can people who have done this recently talk abt their post atf flush experience?

Thanks!
did one of my [email protected],no probs before or after,no change before or after.....going to do my other passat @ 70000.also had an indi importmech w/audi/vw experience do it so it was done right,have 85000 now.goforit

8,184 Posts
^ well make it 11 now :poke: .... the man needs help ..............................:lol:

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224396
Neess help he should just change the ATF, but what problems is he having? Thats what is key...what is going on with his tranny that he feels he needs to change the ATF? Sure change it, take all 27 tranny bolts that are T25 hex bit. Buy a ATF gasket and filter, and get OEM, mobil 1, D4, amsiol ATF. and do it. what are the pros and cons?? Better shifting, longer life of the tranny. These are all given factors after changing something old to new?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont have any probs with the trans. It shifts just fine. Rarely I ve felt a jerky shift. The thing though is there are not many indy mechanics in richmond. So almost every passat owner i know takes his car to west broad vw. Will a dealer do this procedure?

8,184 Posts
I dont have any probs with the trans. It shifts just fine. Rarely I ve felt a jerky shift. The thing though is there are not many indy mechanics in richmond. So almost every passat owner i know takes his car to west broad vw. Will a dealer do this procedure?
Thats a crazy call. Mine would do it but only with OEM ATF and they wouldn't drop the pan at all. Plus around 240.00 give or take.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts