Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the ATE Slotted rotors last may, and needless to say, the warpage on them is getting more pronounced, almost as if they're doign it on their own :weirdo: I never braked hard with them when new, and they were great for about 4 months. Now, especialy after the winter months, even slow braking is noticably "vibratey".

Anyone know if these rotors come with a warranty at all? Does parts4vws.com, the place I got themf rom, have any kind of warranty for them? can you resurface slotted rotors like conventionsal?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Not sure on the warranty issue, but have you tried doing a couple hard 50-0 stops?
It could just be pad deposit accumulating on the rotors causing the vibration.
Bedding the pads in again may help in reducing the accumulation and get rid of the vibration.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
MikekiM said:
Not sure on the warranty issue, but have you tried doing a couple hard 50-0 stops?
It could just be pad deposit accumulating on the rotors causing the vibration.
Bedding the pads in again may help in reducing the accumulation and get rid of the vibration.

when bedding in do not stop this is what causes pad to transfer to the rotor in the first place

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Yipes, sounds like he didn't bed in the pads correctly. If you are using an aggressive pad, you might be able to rebed them in, or you can visit a mechanic and have them lightly sanded. ( I stress lightly...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
The Swami
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing