Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The global economy must be back on track, because Aston Martin has just released a new model in what seems like an already crowded segment. Likely in response to a growing threat from Bentley, the new Virage slots in Aston’s lineup between the DB9 and the ultra-exotic DBS.

Power comes from (what else?) the very 6.0-liter V12 that is used in much of the rest of the Aston lineup. Laying down 490-hp and 420 lb-ft of torque, power hits the ground through a 6-speed automatic gearbox, helping the Virage hit 60-mph in 4.5 seconds. Top speed is 186-mph.

The chassis is familiar too, being a version of the very VH architecture that underpins the rest of the Aston lineup, using aluminum and magnesium, with composite body panels to keep weight to a minimum. Also included is Aston’s Adaptive Damping System (ADS), while 20-inch wheels sit at each corner wrapped around carbon ceramic brakes.

Both a Virage Coupe and Convertible (Volante) will be offered, officially debuting at the Geneva Auto Show on March 1st.
Get more: Aston Martin Virage at AutoGuide.com

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
I barely can. After losing their head designer, they don't know what the phuck to do. It is almost like the Countach of the 21st century.

Either way, Clarkson will spew in his pants for it.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
yea it looks like any other aston martin.
but still not horrible. if i were rich i would go with something else just because it doesnt
look new.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
An unmolested quintessential Aston Martin.
Just the way I like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts