Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a wicked cold spell this past few days here with the temps going down to -33C/-27F at night and sad to say I'am parked outside and not plugged in. Well yestersay morning on the way to work my ASR light came and then my EPC light would turn on only when I came to a complete stop then go away when I started to drive off. But the car felt slow, a loss of power. Get to work phone the dealership and he says this is common in this frigid cold whether and not to worry. He says because the EPC light wasn't flashing nor was it on the whole time it should go away the next day or so. There could have been something frozen in the caliper or in the braking system which is causing the ARS light to come on and then messes with the electronic power control. On the way home from the ARS light comes on again but no EPC and the car drove normally. But this morning the lights came on again but no power loss. Should I be concerned? Or should I wait it out the next day or so. The temperature should be going back to normal today. Oh also, my car is a 2002 b5.5 1.8t auto. Thanks

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
When all this is happening are the brake lights staying on too?

·
Registered
256 Posts
When all this is happening are the brake lights staying on too?
Hate to revice a "dead thread" but it's better than starting a new one of the same topic. I have this issue, AND my brake lights are staying on... any info would help - still in process of searching.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Probably entirely unrelated, but have you done the brake fluid flush/ replacement of fluid? VW recommends every 24 months, irregardless of milage.
Thanks, it is in the shop today - they did recommend replacing the brake switch - under warranty - but I will have to DYI on the brake fluid. THANKS

the.rebot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts