Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across a sweet deal for some Konig's with tires locally, only trouble is they're 18's. Not sure how much of a problem it's gonna be running them when I get my suspension installed (Koni's w/ Sofsports) considering I live in NY.

Anyone w/ experience car to chime in?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roads pretty flat? Roads aren't terrible around where I live, just when I have to visit other parts of the city or areas I don't know off hand that concerns me.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Roads pretty flat? Roads aren't terrible around where I live, just when I have to visit other parts of the city or areas I don't know off hand that concerns me.
Minnesota roads suck though I dunno how often he heads into MSP where there can be huge potholes.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
if the rims are strong shouldnt be a problem. i live in boston where every road is an adventure. never bent a rim, but i also drive defensively againt potholes. make sure you have a good wheel, and tires with a tough sidewall:thumbup:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rims should be pretty strong, Konig Verdicts off my friends Jetta and the tires are all less than 2 months old. Concern is more about messing up my control arms than the rims to be honest.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
rims should be pretty strong, Konig Verdicts off my friends Jetta and the tires are all less than 2 months old. Concern is more about messing up my control arms than the rims to be honest.
Your passat control arms will fail anyhow.
When they do, you can get some CPP upper ca's and TREs and then be bombproof and likely have better handling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts