Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, here she goes. Sorry the resolutions is crappy...

I bought this car sunday on a whim, I have not started it, but I got it from the original owner with a crap load of service records. I tried jumping it but the pack was weak. I took the battery to the dealer to swap it and they are currently testing it. The dude I bought it from thinks it has a bad alternator.
A few small issues that are pictured and the trunk won't stay closed and one rear door lock is crapped out.

I was not in the market, but it was such a deal, i couldn't pass it up.

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/lunchindabox/Cheap B5/
lots of pics here

and a few to start you off...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I purchased my B5 the same way... fair, borderline poor condition.. after almost a year, I can finally say she's been brought back to good condition and is a great daily driver... enjoy your "new" ride!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased my B5 the same way... fair, borderline poor condition.. after almost a year, I can finally say she's been brought back to good condition and is a great daily driver... enjoy your "new" ride!
i would not say it is in fair condition or poor condition..I have purchased ALOT of broken cars...and this one is in pretty good condition if it turns out the way it was presented to me after the battery/alternator issue.

About the white...I am not fond of most white cars...but this is decent in white.

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
my friends old white one that he bought off my friend that bought it brand new back in 98.
first b5 i ever seen...
he painted the grille and lowers probally before anyone here had a passat. and he installed piaa fogs too.
ill get a couple more if ya wanna see em.
i gotacheapb5 his car looked just like yours did.:)

thats my old A4 peekin;)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That white one is nice...i shoud look into a spoiler and wind shield for the sunroof....Gotta get her running first:D

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
That white B5 looks real nice. Hey Scott, can you get more pics of the
PIAA fogs he installed? I'd like to do the same thing, including the Votex spoiler.
Any extra info on the foglights you can get me would much appreciated! :thumbup:

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
That white B5 looks real nice. Hey Scott, can you get more pics of the
PIAA fogs he installed? I'd like to do the same thing, including the Votex spoiler.
Any extra info on the foglights you can get me would much appreciated! :thumbup:
what do you need to know?
he installed them back when he first bought it so ill get what i can from him if you let me know what you want to know.
hope he remembers:)
i cant get you more pics, car got traded in this summer.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I'm wondering what model of PIAA fogs he purchased.
I'm also wondering how he put them into the lower grille.
Did he Dremel out the holes and put in a makeshift bracket?
Is it a custom braket he made? No bracket? Etc.

I'm not too concerned about the wiring part as I hate to mess with
electronics and will probably purchase the euro foglight switch
and then pay someone to wire it for me.

thanks!:thumbup:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The VAG-COM offer remains open.
Sweet. I just got the results from the dealership on the battery. They tested it and say it is GOOD. Since it is charged, it should start the car and then we can do the VAG-COM and maybe it will tell me to swap the alternator...

When is good for you? I work weekdays till 6pm (i dont mind working in the dark, i got plenty of lights)...the car is not drivable and located in Fairfax, near Annandale NoVa Comm College. I am available ALL weekend.

Take your pick...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts