Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For M/Y 2005, free maintainence goes away. 1yr/10,000 miles, or Flexible Service Schedule (FSS) up to 1yr/14,000 miles is being replaced with a fixed recommended 1 yr/13,000 mile interval. Exceptions are AMG,V12's and SLR which will maintain the 1yr/10,000 mile recommendation... :crazy:

·
0 Posts
For god sakes i hope so, they might as well pat you on the back and say good luck!

·
Registered
941 Posts
This is definitely a good time to open up an independent European repair shop.
:lol: :lol: $$$$$$$$$$ :lol: :lol: $$$$$$$$$$ :lol: :lol: $$$$$$$$$$ :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
As a service advisor for MB, I say good riddance! If you can't afford to fix the car, then don't buy it. I have so many customers with 60-100k cars that act like they can't afford to have the brakes done. "you mean that's not covered under warranty?". Fuk them. We bend over backwards for our customers and all they ever want is "something for nothing".

The new system has already started on the new E-classes. We don't alternate A and B services, the services go through the alphabet. e.g C, G, etc. The intervals are more like 13k miles instead of 10k. The first oil change and tire rotation(which we do anyway) will be done for free, and then the customer is responsible for the services at 13k intervals.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amen, brutha !!! Maybe it will get rid of the ones that can barely afford the lease payments once they realize maintainence will be on their dime.. Looks to me like they're gonna try to get back to their core customers rather than build a Benz for every garage. Those are still the ones that don't bitch about the cost, "I need it, right ? Just fix it" is what they say.. $3500 to do cam covers and timing chain tensioner on a 99 CL600, the owner didn't even bat an eye lash. He even added $1200 worth of paint-less dent removal and a detailing to it but get someone that's driving an E320 and tell them it's $190 for front brakes, they have a coronary... :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts