Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read today that the Arteon release is delayed in the US due to backlogs for Euro emissions testing. It's effecting many Euro marques.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can't understand why VW is bringing this car to the US now since sedans are selling so poorly.:banghead:
Whatever their reasoning, I'm glad some manufacturers are still committed to the car and not just SUVs and trucks exclusively. In any case, the major manufacturers each still sell many hundreds of thousands of cars every year, so there must still be some worthwhile profits in the segment, declining sales or not.

Also, VW doesn't really fit the profile of a mainstream manufacturer in the U.S., and I think more VW customers drive cars than the typical manufacturer's customer would -- call it the 'enthusiast factor.'

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm a sedan guy whether SUVs are the current hot ticket or not. I'm guessing that a good 90% of people that own SUVs/Crossovers don't really need them, it's just a fad that will settle down once gas prices bottom out and start to climb again. This happened before, too.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I don't understand why VW is keeping so many people in the dark as to when it is finally going to be released. I really hope they put the car builder on the vw website soon.

·
Registered
983 Posts
That's VWoA for you.
it's so annoying. I feel like the dealers are lying. I think they know things but aren't telling us. There is no way that they have absolutely no information on them. I work for Audi and we have information sometimes a month or so in advance.

·
Registered
983 Posts
i do not know how true this is, but my friend has a friend that is a technician at a dealer and he said that the Arteon couldn't pass emissions and will not be in the US. :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
i do not know how true this is, but my friend has a friend that is a technician at a dealer and he said that the Arteon couldn't pass emissions and will not be in the US. :(
Your friend's source for this information is? I think he's getting the delay caused by the Euro emissions issues mixed up with reality...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Your friend's source for this information is? I think he's getting the delay caused by the Euro emissions issues mixed up with reality...
He is friend's with a technician that works for Volkswagen. I think he is confused with the delay as well. That's why I said I don't know how true it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts