Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i get to the place to have them fix a tire and change out the two front with new ones. this all takes 3 hours :mad: . well after i see the guy take my car out of the garage, he goes and parks and comes in and i pay for the tires and everything. he then pulls me to the side quietly and asks me to follow him to my car. so i'm like......ok whatever...thinking nothing of anything. well he walks to the front and says........"ummmm i didn't think your car was that low to hit the curb. i was like WHAT :mad: , i walked to the front and saw the Caractere spoiler pushed all under the bumper with a crack. ok right now.......i'm getting :mad: :mad: . i try to push the spoiler to the front but the whole thing just falls off. he's all apologizing and everything. since he's the asst mgr.......he tells me that Sears will pay for a new spoiler, painting of it and installation. i dunno...after already waiting 3 hours and then this..........ah man i was so amped up and pissed off. man i was so pissed. :mad:

but then again.....after a week or two...i'll have a new spoiler looking all new :)

it just sucks right now not having a bottom piece down there looking all yuck lookin :oops: :oops:

so.....if everything works out, i'll have the spoiler in the classifieds. the crack on there isn't that bad. well wait...i think theres two cracks :(

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
In the years I worked at a Sears Auto Center, (88-93) these are just some of the maladies I witnessed:

A 5.0 ltr Lincoln Town Car get 5 GALLONS of oil rather than 5 QUARTS.

A Suzuki Sizekick get about 8 QUARTS rather than 4.

A Subaru have the trans fluid drained rather than the engine oil - "All I did was an oil change,Ron. Now it won't move !!" "That's because it now has 8 quarts of oil & no trans fluid IDIOT !!" (I know, I should work on my TACT.... :lol: )

A Mk II Jetta lifted from the size skirts rather than the chassis and fall off the lift.

A Ford Aerostar come flying off a lift in reverse, the top of it hit a Chrysler LeBaron on the lift 2 bays from me, knocking it to the ground with no wheels on it, fly forward in drive once again hitting an alignment machine and a wheel balancer then flipping on its side - ALL INSIDE THE BUILDING !!!

A trans service done on a mint '76 Seville.. It was towed back in an hour later with a blown trans.

An older rear-drive Isuzu Impulse get new tires & wheels. Well the car never made it to Rt 46 westbound but the left rear wheel/tire combo did......

GOD I could go on and on....

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
sears sucks ass...they screwed up my last car, a nissan in a similar way. went in to get tires done, and came out with a curbed rim and a broken front piece. at first i go the "it was like that" speech from the MANAGER, until i started to get really :mad: and the guy that actually drove my car (over a parking stop block!!!), confessed to doing it. turns out that he scratched up most of the bottom of the car, and loosened the exhaust. i had them fix it, but at a shop of my choice, as i didn't want them to do anything else to my car. fun stuff. im just glad i didn't kill anyone there. im surprised those f*&^ers are still in business. one thing is for sure, my b55 will never see sears!

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok....i stopped by that Sears on the way home from work. the mgr tells me that if we keep it in house...that they'll pay for just the spoiler itself, not the paint job or installation. or they send the problem to their insurance company to deal with it. and whatever they say is what will happen. he said that the insurance company may pay for everything........spoiler, paint job and installation. but he didn't give me a definite "may pay".

so.......i should just go ahead and have them go thru their insurance, right??? should i call my insurance company and let them know whats going on? also, will i be able to get the spoiler from them if they go thru their insurance? because when i told them that i'll pick up the spoiler later on, they quickly jumped up and said...why...that spoiler is busted, what will you do with it? i told them regardless of what i do with it........its my property. they put it like...i'll take it and sell it while their buying me a new one. then they said that if it goes thru their insurance, that it'll have to be kept there for the agent to look at it and determine what will happen. well...i do understand that part. but will i be able to get it back after the agent looks at at???

TIA :wink:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Yes, go through their insurance. They are trying to get off easy by their first offer of them paying for it. As far as the busted bumper, does Sears have it? If so, ask for it and tell them you want to keep it in your trunk until you reach an agreement. There is no reason anyone needs it other then to look at it, so make sure whoever looks at it to determine the damage knows you want to keep it. Besides, they have no right to throw it out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i took an old car to sears for tires and when the car came out the guy got out of the passenger side of the car. They had bent the front fender and driver door where they meet and the door couldn't open. As he got out he was like 'you should really have gotten that fixed'. OBVIOUSLY it didn't go in like that, they denied it and we had to get the police. It was ugly. I'd never go back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.