Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
US Government outsourced to India !-A satire

By Ronald Peter Ciras

In order to save costs and increase productivity , the whole United States government (including all lobbists and CEOs') have moved to India !

This move will save taxpayers millions of dollars from pork-barrel spending and is a attempt to appease the millions of American workers who have lost their jobs due to outsourcing during this election year .

And , although , no one seems to know for sure in what city in India where the U.S. Government will now be located , no American citizen seems to be worried .

Take Sue , from North Carolina , who lost her job in the rextile industry years ago , who still can't find work in America .Sue says " I don't care if I can't find the government , I would rather find a job after all these years !" .

And , Leo from Maine , who used to be a steelworker who made $15.00 an hour and now manufactures hamburgers for #6.00 an hour at his local hamburger manufacturing company sniffs:" If , I have to take a major paycut , then , so should they !!"

But , how will the government govern from India ? Government officials said that that will be easy with cameras in place almost everywhere in America from your local ATMs to streetlights to shopping malls .

It is so easy for the government to watch and listen to everything that we say or do .And communication from India will be just as easy with spyware , instant messaging and video conferencing all in the government's hands .

So , all in all , because of move to India , the government will be much cheaper to run ...a necessity with millions of Americans who are out of work and can't be taxed because they have no income and the government unwilling to give them any kind of aid .

And with countries like India paying it's workers half or less wages , dollars will be saved for the US Government's work all over the place !

And , with most companies not offering health insurance of any kind , there will be an immense saving of tax dollars for the few remaing American workers .

When asked how it felt to have his job outsourced to India , the President of the United States said :" India ? I thought that I was going to Indiana!"

And then , he was gone !

http://www.isyourjobgoingoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?s=5d7da927787326cc9c51512f6c1d18ae&threadid=1245

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Hey man, it was in the economic report. Of course, they had to backpedal on a whole bunch of shit in that same report, what, a week later?

My favorite thing to come out of that was the statement that basically, the President doesn't do economic modeling.

I guess they should say it was just a lucky guess that the tax cut is helping out the economy so much and all.

Maybe they should hire Bush's tutor from Harvard that got him those C grades to help him with his future reports.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Well Dell finally got a clue and is bringing it's business customer support back to the states. Too bad that the rest of us still have to talk with Vishnu in Bangalore.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
so now it's our turn?

The whole we trade up doesn't float for me. We lose IT but gain management type jobs. And since the displaced IT aren't trained or prepared they end up out of work rather than moving up to the newly "insourced" management jobs.

poppycock

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
The whole we trade up doesn't float for me. We lose IT but gain management type jobs. And since the displaced IT aren't trained or prepared they end up out of work rather than moving up to the newly "insourced" management jobs.

poppycock
SO Mr. Poppycock.....did everything you buy this year come from the US? You own nothing made in another country?
Do you all want the government to step in and tell us how to run our businesses? Not trying to be a smartass, but who do we blame on this? It sucks, but what can we do about it?

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I didn't say anything about isolationism, nor do I advocate such a notion. I drive a B5 so the question is pretty silly :D

We blame the government. Allowing more H1bs? Did we need more? No we have plenty of unemployed IT workers, they just want a fair wage and companies want to pay cheap labor.

IIRC there's a cap of 65k or somesuch H1bs allowed a year, we already hit that.... Do you really think there aren't more than qualified US IT workers sitting around on unemployment? You really think there is a shortage of US IT workers? THere isn't, but Indian IT costs pennies on the dollar.

I'm all for competition. If I need to know more, to make more that's all good. But I can't compete with someone who can live on 35k or less because their country is less developed than ours...

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jwilker said:
I'm all for competition. If I need to know more, to make more that's all good. But I can't compete with someone who can live on 35k or less because their country is less developed than ours...
That's a good point.
It is similar to H1b's, but the difference is that the employer has to fill the position with a qualified US resident. If there is nobody on the market to fill the position, the H1b person can take it.
Here we are looking at something that changes the job market.
Yeah maybe there are some opportunities in it... but as of today 10 out of 20 people who worked in my department are unemployed and their jobs were shipped to India.
The funny thing is that when one of my co-workers asked my company's CEO about this issue (we have a meeting with CEO every 3 months), the CEO answered: "I guess someone needs to take a diversity training."
WTF :mad: :crazy:

should I add that every single project I receive back from India needs more time to be corrected than if it was done here from the beggining.
I am in the process of changing my major a college so I will no tbe outsourced in future.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Yeah that's my other beef along the lines of fair competition. Not to knock India since the guys I've met have all been great. BUT they have little to no experience developing software. Most if not all have PHDs and shit in Comp Sci but don't understand the SDLC.

It goes back to my previous statement. If these guys could lefgitmately do as good of a or better job than I can do, so be it. I work harder, learn more, move to a new company. But I have yet to work on a project that hasn't run months over the estimated completion date and been poorly built on top of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
jwilker
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing