Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a show few weeks back about pollution/global warming.

They were saying that if we cut down on pollution around the world it will have a TRAGIC effect on temperature, worst then NOT cutting it at all.

Pollution we produce actually protects us from the sun, so when it's gone or lowers, temps will raise faster then currently.

What was really amazing AND scary is that they did a study during 9/11. Since all the planes were down in US, there weren't any jet clouds for couple of days. During that time they said that temperatures in US went up faster/higher then EVER in the history. We are JUST talking Jet Planes, can you imagine CARS and PLANTS?

Scientist were saying cutting down on pollution TOO much would be more of a disaster then continuing on as is today.

:icon_eek:

I tried to find links to study but I came out empty handed, don't remember the name of the show. I think it was on public access but it wasn't Frontline.

Anyone else seen it?

:(

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
What did Al Gore say?

Seriously, that data sounds so anecdotal and uncontolled I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
Me too! Actually, I just added a Yukon XL!
regular Yukon XL or Denali, i recently got a yukon denali and i love it. makes me fell so American.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
Public access or Public Television? Two vastly different things.

Yes, we are in a lose-lose situation, because we're too stupid to do what we need to do, and we keep listening to crap like the above that tells us we're better off polluting.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Doesn't pollution stimulate the economy?

Think of all those people that now have bad lungs and need to buy oxygen tanks.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I find it hilarious that opponents of global warming theories on the basis of 'inconclusive evidence' and 'flawed studies' are perfectly willing to latch onto this theory.
If there isn't enough evidence to INDICT mankind in fault then there isn't enough evidence to exonerate us. You can't have it one way and not the other.

·
0 Posts
This planet is dying, but you know what its supposed to. Wont be the first time or the last. We should if we can, clean it up and make our short existence a little better.

I think it would take a serious attitude and effort on the part of all of us, and truthfully the world does not have it.

We rather tune our cars then drive electric. We are gonna keep BBQ'n and smoking, doing all the things that we have been doing.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Although some would like us to go back to the stone ages, this is not an either/or situation. We have the technology (and have cleaned our act up in many areas) to deal with the "real" issues of pollution. I would prefer we not create false issues that require unnecessary "solutions". Man-made global warming is nothing more that researchers looking for funding sources that will be happily funded by power seeking governments and NGO's. What better way is there to gain control of the economies of the world than by controlling their carbon production? What better way is there to stop the growth of capitalism than to control their carbon production?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts