Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,826 Posts
You could always take one off and look for a part number on back. It's really close to the 19" Mallory wheel that VW had.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to say aftermarket. They are similar to the OEM but not quite the same.
View attachment 98438
Thanks for your reply hu vw. Much appreciated. You are right they are close, but a bit different. I searched and searched the internet yesterday and then finally thought to look on wheels for clues and, voila, there was the code “KBA 46953”. Turns out they are German-made ATS “pegasus” aftermarket wheels. They are the right size for B6 Passat (17” 7.5J) but unfortunately the tyres are smaller all round than standard 235/45 at 225/45 and it is aesthetically noticeable - I suspect the second-hand dealer pinched them off a decommissioned Audi A4 or the like to uplift look of car for sale, as I’ve since thought to check the spare and it is a very battered original Passat “Le Mans” with the correct 235/45 tire on it.

I’m a purist so will be looking out for second hand original 17” rims while I wait for tyres to wear down. I’ve seen OEM VW mags incredibly cheaply on our 2nd hand EBay equivalent ‘TradeMe’ here in New Zealand. $150 for four!

·
Registered
26,826 Posts
The short sidewall is why I thought it was close the OEM 19" wheel. $150 for full set is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts