Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to add vent lights to my 2004. Does anyone know if VW eliminated the wiring altogether when they removed that feature from the GLS line?

Lito

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
no sure, bump :wink:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Lights on the air vents.

TGH

·
Registered
201 Posts
There is NO wiring for these lights since about Jan. 2003 in GLS and below trim levels, if you really want them I believe it would be easier and probably more cost efficient to get a GLX or W8 or a Jetta or Golf :poke: , I have an '03, build date of Mar. 03, and no vent lights, but I'm not bitter, :roll: til I see another '03 B5 with them :mad:

Frank

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i have an '02 w8 and if i know what your talking about, which i think i do, my car does not have vent lights.

i dont know the build date of my car, but it was one of the first '02 to ship, literally the first batch of w8's to hit the dealerships

·
Registered
325 Posts
It is a nice feature and I get comments everytime someone sits in my car at night. The Passat doesn't give away all its uniqueness at first glance and it surprises most people (chicks dig it :D )

BTW, I have a 98. All of my friends who have the .5 models don't have the dash vent lights.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Somehow, knowing the W8s don't have them makes me feel better. It's a shame, because despite how many people have to fix them, they are pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
cm103 said:
It is a nice feature and I get comments everytime someone sits in my car at night. The Passat doesn't give away all its uniqueness at first glance and it surprises most people (chicks dig it :D )

BTW, I have a 98. All of my friends who have the .5 models don't have the dash vent lights.

the only problem i have seen with this is they like to call it purple. the backlighting is not purple, its BLUE.

but no matter what color they think they see, they like it :wink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
21 Participants
StattlichPassat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing