Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed some 17" Classix with tires that match the Passat's factory tire diameter (to keep the speedo the same). There's not rubbing anywhere, but the fronts are about 3/8"-1/2" from the control arm. A test drive shows no rubbing but it still scares me. Is it ok to drive like this?

Also, a question for spacers. I wanna get the flush look. I measured about 30mm spacers front and 19mm rear. This sounds like a lot.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't know what Classix are, but I suspect they have different/higher aspect ratio than your original wheels. Something like 45 or 50 instead of 37. It's a good idea to avoid spacers in the front. Usually, it's best to use a wheel with a lower et to move the tires to the corners, eg, 32 instead of 37 in the front, then use a thin spacer to increase the rear track. I would not use 30mm spacers in the front. What size tire are you using?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So to update, I ordered 15mm spacers for the fronts and 25mm for the rear. Thats the best combo for keeping the front tires away from the control arm and making the rear track just as wide. Plenty of room left for when I replace the suspension parts and lower it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts