Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am outside washing my car and this neighbor gal comes out and so we start chit-chatting about the weather and washing cars.........general neighbor chats. She then tells me that: "my father really thinks that you need to put some after-market rims on the car; which would make the car look HOT". I was speechless at that moment. I looked at her and told her "these are aftermarket rims!" I dont believe that 19's with a tire that is 225/35 would be a general OEM rim choice! Are people that dumb :crazy: . I think my car looks very much modified! (obviously not like some, but you can tell that I have done a rim modification on the car. You tell me?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
:lol: I get the same thing all the time. "thats a nice jetta...did it come with those wheels?" and since I got the mattig grille some people think its some kind of audi. I guess its a complement of some sort. Audis and Jettas are kinda sporty, and I really wanted to go for a OEM sporty look.
I don't bother explaining anymore - I'll usually just say thanks for the complement.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
She probably thought you should get some spinners or some other kind of bling.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Becca

It seems clear to me that your neighbor's father was being sarcastic in a particularly insensitive way. Mark him up to being an a-hole. Your car looks great!

Tom

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Becca, let it slide there are alot of ignorant people out there that think they can't afford a VW so if they look at the car with big wheels that are not Chrome then the assume that it is a premiun options package.

You must admit that every mod you have done to you car only augment the look of it not really looks tacked on.

The is why I like your car so much so I am giving you the finger :thumbup: there you go buddy.

·
Banned
373 Posts
glxpassat said:
She then tells me that: "my father really thinks that you need to put some after-market rims on the car; which would make the car look HOT". I was speechless at that moment. Are people that dumb :crazy: . I think my car looks very much modified! (obviously not like some, but you can tell that I have done a rim modification on the car. You tell me?
You could take an optimistic view and consider it a compliment that you have done a really nice job of modifying your ride while still preserving the OEM look of the Passat. I have Miglia A1s and love the fact that the car does scream 'look at me' other than the eye-catchiness of the bright silver paint of the wheels.

Besides, do you mod for yourself or for everyone else?

Joe

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Becca, I think they were confusing your rim style with what the newer Passats have which is a 15" 5-spoke. Obviously your rims are huge compared to the stock ones, and the style, though similar, are really not the same, but to someone who knows nothing about wheels or cars... I guess I could see them F'ing that up. Maybe this lady was kicked in the head by a donkey when she was a small child. Was she drooling when talking to you? :lol: :crazy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.