Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
DSL pimped the same bulbs to me (Osram UHOs, right?) and I put them in my B5, not 5.5. So far, so good. :thumbup: Haven't noticed a big difference, but with your projectors, you will probably benefit more. Be sure to check your headlight aim though. Don't want to sear the retinas of the law. And disable those DRLs!

Good luck!
MC

·
Registered
774 Posts
I used to run the 65W bulb in my car before I switched to Hoen XenonMatch Plus bulbs (80W I think) and then HID conv. kit now...it's all good for me back then...no melting of housing or wires...and no problem w/ cops either.

Good Luck

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm? Yes, that's the one but he said that he would recommend them mainly for projectors because of the blinding risk with other headlights that are not as focused. And you say you didn't notice much of a difference? He claims it has 2100 lumens over the 1400 a normal bulb has - that should be pretty noticeable, right?

·
Registered
233 Posts
PF,

My 98 B5 doesn't have projectors. The oem lens aren't as efficient. The bulbs are brighter, but not enough for me to go Wow! :cool: I do like them though, and haven't had any heat issues etc. My guess is that there will be a more noticeable difference in your projectors. AYK, the bulbs are illegal, but I doubt anyone would notice, as opposed to running true 80w... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts