Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Installed Calix preheating since I'm living in such a cold weather. It's nice, i can program the timer to start and stop heating when I like and it also charges my battery up. I have a heating unit in the car under the glove compartment and engine heating unit attached to the engine already and as I said it comes with battery charger and remote control.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Since gear knob leather was all broken I got it redone. Also changed glove compartment lid cause opening handle was broken.

And installed OEM digital siren from VW bora. Much better than old "dead goose" in trunk.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Got a littlebit of work done.

Passenger side turbo got new seals cause it was leaking oil
AC pipes got new seals
Gear shifter got all new joints now it's more stiff
Brake calipers got blasted clean and painted
Rear brakes got upgraded to audi S6 269x22 vented brakes
Rear brake calipers got new gaskets etc
New rear brake pads
Installed coilovers
Rear anti roll bar got new bushings
Front anti roll bar got new bushings
New leather with blue stitches on steering wheel
New front shock dampeners
New oil and oilfilter
New air filter for engine, air filter for cabin and new fuel filter
New power steering fluid reservoir
Steering rack from Audi S4 (don't know if it's any different from what I used to have but I thought my old rack was dead)
New valve cover gaskets, camshaft seals etc
Alternator got new bearings and work surface

Aaand after all this work power steering still doesn't work, alternator stopped working and something decided to start leaking oil again what wasn't leaking before. Will go and see alternator workshop so they will fix that and since I'm too tired of all this messing I'll get a mechanic to diagnose the oil leak and power steering problem and let them to fix that.
In my opinion these are small things but difficult to diagnose for me. Will get them fixed soon same time I'll be drinking cold beer at home with my fiancée. Yes I got engaged last month. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
You need to look at the first page of this thread. Everything is described there. Basically it was plug and play.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts