Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
apr stage one 4 mode tune for awm manual stock, 91, 93, valet, fault code erase, throttle align, anti theft

bought here VWVortex.com - 1.8t b5 Passat awm apr stage one ecu

I ended up going with a custom tune and didnt use it. Comes with original book with access code and directions

300 shipped

Hi,

Do you know I can just do a direct swap with my ECU of a 2002 1.8t manual FWD?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be good. I never ran it but I was told it has immob delete. The previous owner from vw vortex just plugged and went. So long as you are an AWM it should be good to go.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean I guess I could take my car apart and install it. Are you wanting me to make a video or something?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car will have an engine light with this tune though. You could call APR yourself to verify the information with the serial numbers though...125240 is the apr serial... and they would compare it to the info on that sticker in the picture.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am sure that this unit was chipped and by APR. What I am not sure about is that you got this off from someone else and not even knowing if it would work or not 100%, yet you are reselling it. I would recommend you test this before selling so more people would be interested and feel confident of buy it.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,948 Posts
My car will have an engine light with this tune though. You could call APR yourself to verify the information with the serial numbers though...125240 is the apr serial... and they would compare it to the info on that sticker in the picture.
The onus would be on the seller to verify that information for potential buyers. If you are keen to sell at the price asking, it would behoove you to call them and try to get a print out of that information so as to provide proof. What you are basically saying is "trust me" from a relatively unknown member of this site. It doesn't work like that. I can understand the skepticism.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not that it matters but I am a member on VWVORTEX as well(same user ID and I joined in 06 I think) and I'm on eBay with over 700 positive rating since 99 eBay Feedback Profile for jjona5 . If it doesn't sell I guess I'll make a video of me swapping the tunes and install it. It'll be next week though probably. My garage is full of sr20det swapped mgb at the moment.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I made a video and posted it on the b5/5.5 facebook page of me cranking the car and changing the tunes. I also show how to unlock it once you install it in your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.