Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
APR Stage III unpackaging party....hers what you requested...

man this thing is beautifull... cant wait till sunday when my car is back on the road... with everything installed...

<![CDATA[man this thing is beautifull... cant wait till sunday when my car is back on the road... with everything installed...

[Modified by Image Dynamics Passat, 3:33 PM 2/13/2003]

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Re: APR Stage III unpackaging par ... (Image Dynamics Passat)

my gawd brotha lynch

·
Registered
6,874 Posts

I think when all is said & done, your B5 is gonna be the WORLD CHAMP!

Dude, you just didn't raise the bar (a bar none of us will ever reach)... you shattered that m*therf*cker.

·
wishin
3,664 Posts

Any chance you'll be able to take "step by step" pics as it's installed. Perhaps it could go in the new Information Forum.

Either way

[Edit]
Just saw the previous thread, saying you were going to take Step by Step pics. Are you still having trouble finding webspace for the pics though? I'd be more than willing to host them but I can't guarantee uptime and my upload connection speed is capped at 256kbps. I'm sure someone else out there could be of more help, but as a last resort let me know.

<![CDATA[Any chance you'll be able to take "step by step" pics as it's installed. Perhaps it could go in the new Information Forum.

Either way

[Edit]
Just saw the previous thread, saying you were going to take Step by Step pics. Are you still having trouble finding webspace for the pics though? I'd be more than willing to host them but I can't guarantee uptime and my upload connection speed is capped at 256kbps. I'm sure someone else out there could be of more help, but as a last resort let me know.

[Modified by JimDog, 8:48 AM 2/13/2003]

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: APR Stage III unpackaging par ... (JimDog)

im going to take step by step of the entire turbo, brake, fule system and intake install and post it all.... only problem is i dont have enough web space as of right now... so it will be in sections

·
wishin
3,664 Posts

see my edit (we must have been typing at the same time)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: APR Stage III unpackaging par ... (JimDog)

hahahaha.... yep .... thats to funny...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

sweet

If I lived any where close to you I would be helping you with that install. I always wanted to see what ws involved. And I'm sure you could use an extra pair of hands.

I can't wait to see your car at the ND show in May.

Pete

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: APR Stage III unpackaging par ... (Bmpassat)

extra hands would be nice.... anything would be a help i got a ton of work ahead of my this weekend jhsut for this part of the car.... hell even if i had somebody to operate teh camera... that would even help.... HEY JOE... get your butt over here and help me... damn new jersey folks.... no love for the west side..

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

you pay my plane ticket and ill start working tomorrow
although the blizzard coming this weekend would probably hold up my flight

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Re: APR Stage III unpackaging par ... (Z28Driver)

Image, you know that our stock fuel pump is good for ~360hp.....you won't hit that with the GT25, it just can't flow enough air for it. 330hp is attainable(cams, FMIC, etc), so I guess upgrading to a different unit could put less stress on it. If you haven't seen a K03 before, you are going to be dumbfounded at how small it really is and how much bigger the GT25 is than the K03.
PS-Good luck, make sure you hook up the N75 lines right, that is common area where people mess up. Mark the lines when you pull them off so you know where they when the good stuff goes on

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: APR Stage III unpackaging par ... (Blade)

yeah I know how small the k03 is... well... this should be interesting considering im a audio freak... but line by line is the way im going to do the work.... ive looked at it over and over.. and if i can rebuild a engine and tranny i feel confiedent I am capable of doing this. I know its going to be a lot of work, but the main thing is I dont rush it and take my time... thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice....

What sort of hp are you supposed to end up with?

·
Registered
5,564 Posts

That "chrome" thing is a CAT???? sweet.
I wish I could come down and help and/or post pics. Oh well, I got suspension work Sat. so no help from NorCal. Good luck and hope you got a VAG-COM or access to one and start logging some data.

Hmmmm, just saw you have the APR Snub too. You "might" consider making life a bit easier and remove the front bulkhead completely; this would giveyou a gawd-awful amount of working room for the N75, DV, and other less acessible parts of the turbo. Just my $0.02.

<![CDATA[That "chrome" thing is a CAT???? sweet.
I wish I could come down and help and/or post pics. Oh well, I got suspension work Sat. so no help from NorCal. Good luck and hope you got a VAG-COM or access to one and start logging some data.

Hmmmm, just saw you have the APR Snub too. You "might" consider making life a bit easier and remove the front bulkhead completely; this would giveyou a gawd-awful amount of working room for the N75, DV, and other less acessible parts of the turbo. Just my $0.02.

[Modified by HermanH, 1:08 PM 2/13/2003]

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: APR Stage III unpackaging par ... (HermanH)

actualy on that note... i have to remove it anyways becuase of the intercooler application ill be working on as well... 20 mintes to take off ... no biggie... but im gooing to start taking things apart tonight... plus i already have the vw service bolts for teh bulk head extension....

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

excellent...be sure you do a nice write up for us!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts