Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anywhere online to order from?

I have my local stores/ Lowes/ Home Depot/ Sears pitted against each other... but looking for a bit more leverage on my new appliances.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Salty D said:
Anywhere online to order from?

I have my local stores/ Lowes/ Home Depot/ Sears pitted against each other... but looking for a bit more leverage on my new appliances.
Lowes is the cheapest I've seen of the brick and morter stores. Sears will price match and give you an additional 10% off.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Lowes has some excellent prices; and items are in stock.
However, I usually find the Expo Design Center (yes, the fancy Home Depot) actually has better prices than everyone, and usually Home Depots credit programs are excellent. hey can get the less expensive models, not just the high end they have on display.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
The Great Indoors is owned by Sears, just like Expo Design Center is owned by Home Depot (it's just more upscale).
Find someone who is in the building or design field (contractors, architects, interior designers, etc.), they could get you a trade discount (about 15-30% off) from retail prices at Sears/the Great Indoors. I got all my appliances for my previous house and my new place that way (able to afford all stainless steel appliances).

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
While I am pleased with my Frigidaire purchases last November, they were made before they decided to shut down a local factory in a small town (Greenville, MI) and move 2700 jobs to Mexico. :mad: The state and local govt lobbied hard with Electrolux to prevent the plant closing but alas the savings of Mexican labor was too hard to pass up.

While they stove, microwave and dishwasher I own are great, I can not recommend their products.

BOSCH products are really nice. Picked up a brand new gas cooktop on Ebay for about 50% of what my local BOSCH dealers were selling if for. I am also very happy with my Samsung bottom freezer refridgerator.

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
I will have to come over and check out that fridge. :) I want one!

I liked my Frigidaire range in Savannah, but the Electrolux thing is just enough to kill them for me again. I will be going GE from Lowe's for the new range, found a stripper that has all the features I want. Dishwasher will be a Bosch. No questions. I am in love. :heart:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Bosch makes fantastic dishwashers, but give Miele a look too. A bit more $, but beautiful, and they work really well - plus you can't hear the damn things when they run - quietest dishwashers on the planet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts