Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Valance is separate piece from bumper and diffusor is option. If you have B5 you must buy full bumper from B5.5 and swap them

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Julian you should post more often you pics :bow:
BTRs' & yours' beasts makes me want sedan (that I never liked)
BTW, did you find out something on W8 resonator?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
last question on this, I promise. Since I am getting the 4-motion which comes with the dual exhaust, does it makes sense to skip on the diffuser or can it be modified to support this setup (assuming somewhere down the line I want to do something along the lines of what Julian did and modify the exhaust to show the tips)?

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Well, I skipped the diffuser because I would've had to essentially cut away 1/3-1/2 of the diffuser to make it fit (I owned the exhaust before I had the kit installed). Even then, with the way the exhausts lined up, I may have had to cut the vertical posts to make it fit. I figured it would just be easier to keep the thing off. It would've been a big waste of money to buy it and then toss away 1/3 of it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
julianfang said:
Well, I skipped the diffuser because I would've had to essentially cut away 1/3-1/2 of the diffuser to make it fit (I owned the exhaust before I had the kit installed). Even then, with the way the exhausts lined up, I may have had to cut the vertical posts to make it fit. I figured it would just be easier to keep the thing off. It would've been a big waste of money to buy it and then toss away 1/3 of it.
thanks for the help, just saved myself $140 or so!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
3 Participants
gtigolfpassat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing