Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Christmas I got a Reminton titanium from my parents. I never ever used an electric shaver before but I gave it a shot and it didnt do crap! It would take me like 15-20 minutes of buzzing around and barely noticed any damage to my beard. I got ticked off and I went out and baught that expensive ass Braun shaver cuz I taught that would work better. That was a little better but it still took ages to get my facial hair off. Then a couple of days ago, just for the hell of it, I baught your average Norelco, with the 3 circular blades and bingo!!!! It worked like its supposed to! Takes me about the same time to shave with the Norelco as with my old Schick razor blade. I am so happy! WTF is wrong with the other razors? Do the straight blade electric razors take much longer or what?

So now I have $400 worth of electric razors lying around in my bathroom. :crazy: :mad:

What do you guys use?

the remington I got the x-mas:

The braun

my current norelco

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
I have a cheap Braun that just sits in my bathroom.

Only time I use it is on trips where I bring no more than 1 change of clothes.

Its nearly useless.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I've never had any luck with electric. I use the Gillete Mach 3 blade razors and have had good luck (also use gel shaving cream). Now, there is a 4 blade razor on the market. I don't think that I'll switch over unitl they come out with a 6 blade razor. :p

·
Registered
26,008 Posts
I gave up shaving years ago. I use hair clippers on the lowest setting for that
2 day old growth look. If its cold,I go up a notch to keep the face warm.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Have a cheapy Braun for touch-up in the evening if going out, but it bites for the morning shave.
Mach 3 is the shiznit! :bow:
I use it with Speick shaving cream from Germany - it comes in a tube, and it works great! No more irritation!

·
Banned
1,750 Posts

this what i use "Remington Titanium R-9500 Micro-Flex Ultra" it's self cleaning like the braun you posted....it's okay for the before work shave.

but if i want a good shave i use a razaor....any razor, but as said above mach 3 is the shiznit :wink:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
VdubTX said:
Mach 3 all the way.
Agreed, it gives me a consistently very close shave. And if you look on ebay, you can pick the cartridges for about $1 each, not bad.

Also, I don't know if my face is just made of leather or somthing, but I have never understood the need for shaving creme? I don't use any, just a little water on the blade. never any razor burn, or cutting of my self.

Shaving creme for me jsut makes a mess :lol:

-Nick

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Not sure, but aren't they only good for stubble? If you shave daily it shouldn't be a problem using it - shave with a razor to get rid of most, then use the electric daily?

Not advice, just guessing. :???: :???: :???:

·
Lisa Simpson
15,044 Posts
Steven is on his third cheap Norelco. He shaved with a razor for years, and burned up two Bauns on the way to the holy altar of flexible heads.

The Norlecos kick butt. They kick the boar bristles he grows for a beard, too. :thumbup:

This wife votes Norelco. Even the cheap ones from Target. :)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I had a mach 3, but I would go through a blade every 2 days and it got expensive, used a norelco (international version w/240 Volt adapter), it was ok for up to two days growth, after that it sucked. I just use gilette disposables and shave 2x a week.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
pancreas said:
I had a mach 3, but I would go through a blade every 2 days and it got expensive, used a norelco (international version w/240 Volt adapter), it was ok for up to two days growth, after that it sucked. I just use gilette disposables and shave 2x a week.
Intresting, because I have found that the Mach3 cartridges last a good while for me. I would say on average I get about a months worth of shaves out of each.

Now I dont shave every day, probably 3, mabey 4 times a week. So between 12 and 16 shaves out of each one, and I would say my stubble is fairly coarse. But I guess chalk it up to "tough" skin :lol:

-Nick

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Mach 3, and sometimes the venus, but I won't mention that.....I have a norelco that I use on the weekends and it does alright. I'm in the military so I'm supposed to shave on weekends if I'm going out in town. Military town, if they want to get in your business, they can. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I swear by my norelco wet/dry. My wife does too. :oops: 8) Still running and cutting like new after 3 years with new blade sets each year.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
30 Participants
JonsTintedTails
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing