Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious about these "budget" tires, the rounded sides will work well with lowered suspension but never seen a car running on them.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
The Avid H4s? Yeah. I do on my other rig. They're alright. Pretty average in all aspects. But the SUCK IN THE SNOW! I spun 3 times at 10 mph tryin' to make it up a hill... :shock: Well, the other car is RWD, so that's not a valid comparison... but do yourself a favor and don't run them in the snow. :p

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running 205/60-15 Yokohama AVS Snows and they are great "Performance Snow Tires". I have 195/65-15 Yokohama IceGuards on my wife's ride and they pitch more snow but sacrifice handling. No intention on the H4S ever seeing snow.

Can you tell I'm a "Yoko" guy?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
i have them on my '97 stratus (+0's, up to 205/60 from 195/65 on stock 15" wheels), pretty good in general, in my opinion. wish i'd have tried the AVS DB's though as they seem pretty loud. on the plus side, they seem fine at their limit - they slide without being freaky.

my car isn't great in the snow but it's always been weak (bad ABS program i think), 2 or 3 accident-free winters on them in MN.

a.s.

oh, and i love how wide they look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts