Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the in-dash 5-disc changer from Blaupunkt. I believe it is discountinued, but I have found a few on eBay that I might consider. I am just running my stock double-din HU now (w/Monsoon).

What Blaupunkt HU are you running with it?

Thanks,
PK

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm running one with my Heidelberg CD-51, plus I'm also using the Blaupunkt RC9 Steering Wheel Remote, which I really like. I've had all of them in my car since August 2002 without any problems.

See my profile page for install pics and feel free to ask any questions.

Chris

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bonthron said:

Chris
Thanks Chris. Looks great! Almost like the setup was built for the Passat. One question...Is there an aux-in on that Blaupunkt HU? That's the last feature I need so I can hardwire my iPod to the unit.

Thanks,
Pranav

·
Registered
679 Posts
navice_13 said:
Bonthron said:

Chris
Thanks Chris. Looks great! Almost like the setup was built for the Passat. One question...Is there an aux-in on that Blaupunkt HU? That's the last feature I need so I can hardwire my iPod to the unit.

Thanks,
Pranav
There is an AUX in connector on that headunit but it requires an optional $10 cable that connects to the rear of the unit. I currently have one connected to mine for my iPod and it works great.

Last spring I bought a Transpod II (iPod car mount) and was planning on modifying it to mount my iPod in my armrest and mount the OEM iPod remote buttons into one of the spaces in the center console. I just never found the time... maybe this summer. :oops:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, one more question from an AV Newbie. Can the IDC-A09 be controlled by the Miami CD72. The listings for the HU say that it has CD changer controls, but I want to make sure it can run this CD changer.

I spoke with a rep at Crutchfield who said there was a direct hookup, but I figured I would check with the experts :bow:

Thanks,
PK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts