Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running 17" wheels and happy with them also can I see some pictures.

Thanks in advance mates!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I bought my 00 V6 new from the dealer and got the 17 Charlestons put on when I picked it up. I drove with those for a couple of years but I just felt the wheel wells needed something else. So I went up to 18s this summer and am loving it. I don't notice any difference in driving/handling...just better looks. IMHO
Good luck!
Michael 8)

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I have 17" BBS Madras and I love them. I would go to 18's but I can only keep one set of wheels and I live in NYC so I will run a higher risk of destroying them in the winter...so that idea is out the window for now.

Handling is improved greatly from stock 15's and I think it looks significantly better.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Most who get 17's end up with 18's in the long run. So I would do it right the first time and get 18's. Ride quality to me is the same. So if you get 17's you will regret it and buy 18's anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
17 inchers

I bought a reflex silver 98 v6 about thre months ago with 17" Stilauto wheels (BBS copies) and I have put with 225/40/17 Yokohama A352s on it and in my opinion it looks piss-elegant. It also sits very nicely and is a comfortable tourer.

ricko

1 - 7 of 7 Posts