Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dec. issue I had laying around to get ideas for my project's engine. I never noticed though, the Ford "Focus" article they had in there. So I read up and OMG, someone has built a Focus ZX3 with 541HP and 481 ft-lbs. of torque!!! Some huge turbo was sitting in there. I don't have all the specs but it appears they used forged domed pistons that were then machined down to get a 9.1:1 compression ratio. This thing looked bad-ass and they're trying to break 12's with it.

The only problem is: how to hook it up! Just blew me away on the kind of power this thing was putting out from a 4 pot.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I also read a year ago, that some one stuffed the Supercharged Mustang V8 in a Focus 3 door, RWD and all.

Same problem though, how do you hook up 400hp in a car that light?

-Nick

·
Registered
5,449 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, this one is an inline 4.
The magazine is "Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords". In any case it's not on their website. Also, now that I have the magazine in front of me, it's 514hp and a little 412 ft.-lbs. from a ITS GT66 turbo @ 29psi! It sports a air-to-water IC. Do note it's a 2.0L.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Making those power figures arn't all that difficult or uncommon. The DSM crowd's 4G63 used in the EVO and Eclipse GS-T/GSX (I think it's a 2.0l), have commonly made well over 500hp. Many of the Honda guys have built really powerful turbo motors as well out of 4cyl B-series or even D-series motors between 1.6-2.3l of displacement. I think for a FWD car to go fast, it's prob more of a challenge to get good enough traction (and maybe suspension/chassis tuning) to actually make use of the power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
passaturbonium
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing